Soul II Soul - Back to life (Howitzer dnb remix)

Soul II Soul - Back to life (Howitzer dnb remix)

1. Flash101uk
    Flash101uk
    Hi chaps,
    So I found this acapella and started making something that pleased my ears.

http://soundcloud.com/howitzer/soul-...o-life/s-o0xY0

Im pretty happy with how its progressing so far, but its come time to get some more critique from my trusted DJTT dnb heads
  2. Citizen_Insane
    Citizen_Insane
    Sounded quality, will have to give it a more proper listen on my cans when I'm not dead tired to give you some real feedback lol.
  3. YoshiExcel
    YoshiExcel
    Wow, very nice. Overall, the structure of the track was great. The whole vibe was spot on. The only thing is that i listened to this track while i was chillin' in my studio checking out other tracks and yours seemed a bit softer than everything else i was playing. It didn't stand out at all. Master properly and you got yourself a remix!
  4. Flash101uk
    Flash101uk
    Cheers for the feedback guys
    I have renewed vigor this, its getting finished this weekend!
    The volume issue is all down to mastering, I'll be sending it off to a mate with experience for a proper job! It needs mixing down at -6db though.
  5. Citizen_Insane
    Citizen_Insane
    Yeah definitely a solid track though I found the bass a little lacking in presence. Also feel like it could use something like a synth melody or maybe some accents?
  6. bigheadmikelove
    bigheadmikelove
    Oh shit DnB group!!!! I have been away too much, on the DL now, expecting magic from the howitzer this was one of the first true dance tracks I listened to in my misspent youth
  7. illstep
    illstep
    howitzer is remixing now? man you can do it all... big fan or your stuff! amazing track, would love a copy when finished.
  8. Flash101uk
    Flash101uk
    Thanks for the great feedback guys, you'll all get the DL when its finished
    Theres a new version of the song on soundcloud now, after some major tweakage im pretty happy with it. Something im unsure about though is the mixdown levels, is the bass big enough?
  9. Citizen_Insane
    Citizen_Insane
    I dig the new version, major tweakage has definitely paid off. I think the bass sounded pretty decent, maybe could be slightly bigger?