Traktor s2 mixing question/ advice seeking (dj noob)
    Tech Student

Default Traktor s2 mixing question/ advice seeking (dj noob)

Hey guys, i recently got into messing around with djing, so i picked up an S2 and started kinda just screwin around with it to learn how to use it.

My question is say, and pardon for any noob youtube vocabulary i dont know much about music terminology :P, if i have track A building up and during that i also want track B to build up alongside with it and then once they both hit their climaxes in the build up i want to smoothly switch to B entirely. How do you guys time the build ups properly if the build ups are decently long because, when i try to do it, A or B's hook comes in a few seconds before the others and it sounds messy, or is it something that just comes with practice?

Any advice would be appreciated, sorry if you're face palming at this post because its so noobish.

And thanks in advance

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by andy822 View Post
    Hey guys, i recently got into messing around with djing, so i picked up an S2 and started kinda just screwin around with it to learn how to use it.

My question is say, and pardon for any noob youtube vocabulary i dont know much about music terminology :P, if i have track A building up and during that i also want track B to build up alongside with it and then once they both hit their climaxes in the build up i want to smoothly switch to B entirely. How do you guys time the build ups properly if the build ups are decently long because, when i try to do it, A or B's hook comes in a few seconds before the others and it sounds messy, or is it something that just comes with practice?

Any advice would be appreciated, sorry if you're face palming at this post because its so noobish.

And thanks in advance
    Learn how songs are structured.. that build up is going to have either a 4 bar or 8 bar length.. once you understand how a song is structured, you know which parts of other songs you can drop in and when to switch out and make it sound good.