Switching to serato from Traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Switching to serato from Traktor

So i'm switching over to serato since it is the standard in my area. I usually organize my files in traktor in order of date added so I always know where my tracks are. However in Serato I can't do this because they were all added on the same date haha.. Does traktor save that info in the mp3 meta data? and is there a way to sort serato tracks by the date that they were added to traktor? Thanks for the help

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by a burdenless pig View Post
    So i'm switching over to serato since it is the standard in my area.
    And?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm willing to help, but I cannot understand why you would switch to something because other people near you use it. Equipment should always be your personal, whatever allows you to do want it is you want to do. By switching from Traktor to Serato you will be severely hindering yourself in many aspects.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    And?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm willing to help, but I cannot understand why you would switch to something because other people near you use it. Equipment should always be your personal, whatever allows you to do want it is you want to do. By switching from Traktor to Serato you will be severely hindering yourself in many aspects.
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no. If it means you don't have to be the awkward guy who has to change the DVS box because everyone else is Serato and you are Traktor could be a reason.

Just like playing on CDJ's can sometimes limit you, but saves moving stuff around in the booth when you arrive if you wanna bring an S4.

Sorry this is unrelated to the OP but it could be a valid reason for switching. (Although as a pure Traktor user I would be hindered on Serato without remix decks )

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by a burdenless pig View Post
    and is there a way to sort serato tracks by the date that they were added to traktor?
    Create a playlist of your tracks within Traktor while they are in the order you want, then export the playlist and import into Serato.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    And?

I'm swithing because the rane boxes in clubs are almost always used with serato timecode. If I could use the timecode with traktor I would happily stay with traktor but the fact is they don't. As of right now I am an opening dj so what the the headliner for that night uses is what I use. I could bring my kontrol s4 to my gigs but i'd rather use the cdjs supplied there.

Tech Guru

You only need a Traktor sound card for timecode; there's no need to bring a whole S4.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Big Panda View Post
    Sorry this is unrelated to the OP but it could be a valid reason for switching.
    I disagree. It's not worth settling for second best.

i just realized that serato/traktor debate is almost a perfect mirror of win/mac one... when you think about it, serato being the mac and traktor being windows

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by johney View Post
    i just realized that serato/traktor debate is almost a perfect mirror of win/mac one... when you think about it, serato being the mac and traktor being windows
    not really. at all.

from my observation,

serato is

-pricier
    -hardware bound
    -more stable
    -more stripped back

similarly to mac, whereas traktor is

-cheaper
    -more featured (similar to more software available on win)
    -not so stable

however both do the job, just like a pc/mac would

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast