Timecode CDs : Cue on CDs looses inicial Attack
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Timecode CDs : Cue on CDs looses inicial Attack

Hi and thanks in advance for all the help you may provide.
    I got faced with a problem that I really need help solving/ understanding.

With TS DUO using the CDs (pioneer CDJ-1000MK3) with timecode controlling the decks, when I make a cue (with the Cd) and the release you can clearly tell that it's not jumping back exactly to the same spot. The first time I cue it's perfect, but all the others it's like it jumps a little ahead of where I really placed the Cue point on the CD (on the CD I check and on the display it shows exactly the cue point time, and it's always spot on to the frame).

I know visually this can happen in Traktor, I know tracktor needs a few milliseconds to read and interpret te timecode signal/ position... BUT ... if swapped to my MBP with TS PRO and this does not happen!

I am ???? , I've tried messing with buffers, and everything I could think of and still this happens in TS DUO...

I do understand the need to read the timecode before traktor can go to the play position but this just falls appart the soon it happens only in TS DUO, and even there every few times it does perform as it should but most time it doesn't!!

HELP ??

Z

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

the "Snap" function should help clear that up,
    It sets your cue points directly to the grid marker you press cue nearest to.

dont think snap will sort it. Its exactly the same for me. Dont think there is anyway round it. Basically the cue function on the cds is a bit rubbish with timecode and traktor.

Its not down to where the cus is set its due to the fact that the track doesnt reset backto the cue point in traktor until your press the cue button again so i think a split secodn is used for the reset or jump back by which time the timecode is past the actual first part of teh cue. It sounds rubbish doesnt it
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Mentor

Yeah... absolute bonkers ...
    In fact I've even tryed reverse kung fu, lol, where I would set the cue a few frames Behind the point where I actually wanted it but still to no avail. The prob is not so much that it cuts out a little bit but the fact that when cue is pressed on the CDJs the traktor cue will not return to exactly the same point every time ...

With TS PRO this just doesn't happen !?

Also if you have TS PRO installed you can't really run TS DUO so some of the things I can't really test out unless I'm @ my shop ...

the only thing I could muster was maybe this goes on because by default TS Duo will set the cue deck as Master, but I've loaded and set to master deck B and still got the same random behavior from Deck A cue.

As to the suggested Snap feat I think You can't really turn on or off in TS DUO, and still this should only apply when using the decks in internal mode and not with Timecode control methinkx :P

Thanks for the help and please run by me any other ideas / clues!

Z

Tech Wizard

Having the same problem here. It's impossible to start a track spot on. I'm using absolute mode at the moment since it works a bit better.

Tech Mentor

You are on TS DUO right??

If anyone has a TS PRO that can check as well please lemme know!

Z

i've got a copy of tspro and its the same
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Mentor

hummm... my TS Pro had a resonable stable response unlike the ts duo... the plot thickens.

Z

Tech Wizard

So we all grab our pitchforks and torches and head over to the NI forum then ?

I'm on DUO btw

Quote Originally Posted by haybot View Post
    So we all grab our pitchforks and torches and head over to the NI forum then ?

I'm on DUO btw
    That or everyone files bug reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast