Integrating Spotify Library to Traktor / Serato - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Student

If there was a way to share playlists between the two, without stepping into any licensing issues, that would still be a huge bonus. In other words, I'd love to see my spotify playlists inside Serato, but I could only play the tracks if I actually had them on my hard drive in the Serato library.

And in the other direction, it'd be great to see Serato crates represented as playlists in spotify. Maybe not so ideal for sharing with other folks, but it would certainly lead me to use spotify more since I could edit my DJ playlists there.

Tech Mentor

Definitely want to see where things will go with this!
    Macbook, S4, Novation Launchpad, Korg nanoKontrol, TSP2, Ableton 8.

Tech Wizard

Spotify Just Lanuched in Austri , Switzerland, Denmark and some other places.Maybe when it reaches germany, the home of NI, will they start to tinker with it =)

spotify streams at 168kb/s.....just sayin

168Kb/s is correct for Spotify open. 320Kb/s as an option if you got Premium and 96Kb/S as an option on mobile to avoid bill shock.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 3IJ View Post
    spotify streams at 168kb/s.....just sayin
    This has already been anwsered.. but what also needs to be added is that the songs have been encoded using high profile ogg vorbis.. which would be equivalent to a higher bitrate of mp3 in soundquality. And it does sound flawless imho.. Just turn off volume normalization for a db boost. But yea.. as stated. premium account gives u 320kbits anyways.

Hi liffgarden,

Do you know if there are any projects under way to achieve this task? I'm a software developer and a DJ tinkerer and would absolutely love it if this were a reality. Although C is not my language of choice I'd be willing to have a look at it to get this done.

I'll have a troll to see if I can find anything on Github or Bitbucket.

Default livefeed

Pulling a track from spotify into Serato Scratch Live can be done with the livefeed feature.
    -> http://serato.com/manuals/scratchliv...3/2.1/livefeed
    Main Setup: Technics 1210, Rane Sixty Eight, Novation Dicers - Backup: Pioneer CDJ1000Mk3, Pioneer DJM400, Denon HC1000S
    Soundcard, Software, Midi & CPU: Rane SL4 & SL1, SSL, Ableton Live 8, Bridge, Mix Emergency. AKAI APC20 & MPD24, Touch OSC. Macbook Pro 15" Leopard, Macbook Pro 17" Lion, Dell 17" XP, Dell 17" Win7

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    also ni wonīt be doing something like this since spotify isnīt available in germany...
    fyi: as of today spotify is available in germany
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by basspenetrator View Post
    fyi: as of today spotify is available in germany
    And yet, still no news on this solution ....
    I guess this was more of a license/political rather than technical issue
    Last edited by MixiM; 02-21-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast