Regular VCI 400 Pitch fader issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Regular VCI 400 Pitch fader issue

JUst recently purchased a vci 400, after searching the net for hours on end im still struggling to work out how to make the pitch faders move by 0.01bpm as currently they are useless and only jump in big gap for instance 122.00 to 122.46 which is of no use at all as theres no real accurate way to change the temp of a track

any help would be greatly appreciated

Tech Wizard

I believe there is a map in the midimaps tab, which uses one of the endless encoders as a "fine tune".
    I can't remember the name of the mapping though, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by sev View Post
    I believe there is a map in the midimaps tab, which uses one of the endless encoders as a "fine tune".
    I can't remember the name of the mapping though, sorry
    is there no way of just altering the sensitivity of the pitch fader :/ dont really fancy having to use one of the endless encoders all the time

Tech Wizard

why do you need it so tight anyway? are you creating really long drawn out transitions?

Quote Originally Posted by sev View Post
    why do you need it so tight anyway? are you creating really long drawn out transitions?
    I often play back to back with other djs, so they'll be using CDJ's or a controller through mixer and i'll be going into that mixer so beat matching with these faders isn't the best when trying match up BPM's with someone else

cheers for replying so far

yeah the best you can get the faders is to about .07. The midi mapping is a bit strange as the fader will give two codes when you map it and if you move the fader too fast when your programming the midi code will map to only one and you wont get the finer setting but something like .12

What I did was map the encoders right next to the tempo faders to control the fine pitch to .01

So I do quick adjusting with the faders then do the fine with the knobs, works great! I do everything by ear old school way, don't even have the bpm's showing, just the way I like it.
    ::: mixing music that feeds the soul ::: iTunes | House-mixes.com | Mixcloud
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."

yup groove mixer is right...the best we can do is 0.07 it is because i think somewhere i found that vci's 400 tempo faders are not high resolution ones. so it is impossible to get it 0.01 increments (atleast at the moment)

so when u mix in with someone else, when ur about .1 or .2 away from there CDJ then thats good enough. you can do it, i do it all the time. add in some effects on the djm, switch the bass, bammm your in. easy.

Tech Wizard

I set mine to +-6% which made it a little finer as well. I guess instead of a fine resolution knob you can map a button to toggle the pitch raders range? Not sure if that's doable though.
    Vestax VCI-400, Midi Fighter, SRH-750DJ's, Traktor Pro 2

Tech Student

Hey groovemixer,

Is there any chance you could elaborate on how you managed to map the encoders to fine tune the pitch, I am struggling to get it to work.

Tech Student

Scrap that last question, I've sussed it out, works like a charm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast