VCI-100 Arcade
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VCI-100 Arcade

Tech Convert

Default VCI-100 Arcade

Hey, I'm thinkin about ordering an arcade mod of the VCI-100, and have a few questions. Does it come with a built in sound card? Can I customise the knobs and sliders upon ordering or do i order the $39 pack after ordering? Thanks in advance

No sound card is included, I use a Audio 2 DJ with mine, I would recommend you do so too. You can pick 1 of the 4 knob options (UV green, UV yellow, white, black). You may have to email them to request the knob change, they also do them in batches so make sure it's not going to take 2 months to get it through an email or quick phone call to their office. You also have to buy an upgrade from the included Traktor LE to Traktor Scratch.

It may seem like a high price tag and more you have to buy on top of it, but it was the best purchase I ever made, so I would recommend you go through it if your solid on becoming/being a DJ.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Tech Convert

Thanks for replying so quickly. That's really good then, definite order! Seems like a high price tag outside of DJ'ing I suppose, but this seems like a hell of a piece of kit, definitely gonna get one ordered up

Yea, it's worth it if you enjoy DJing (not a good piece for beginners). I played with the S4 and really would still pick my beloved arcade buttons over the S4.

Quick note, if your a fader slammer like myself get the black rubberized knobs/faders, the others are plastic and break and fall off quickly... I'll upload a pic of mine in a second for ideas... I personally have a rubberized fader on my crossfader because it keeps coming off with plastic and the UV yellow everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by tyfurious View Post
    No sound card is included, I use a Audio 2 DJ with mine, I would recommend you do so too. You can pick 1 of the 4 knob options (UV green, UV yellow, white, black). You may have to email them to request the knob change, they also do them in batches so make sure it's not going to take 2 months to get it through an email or quick phone call to their office. You also have to buy an upgrade from the included Traktor LE to Traktor Pro

It may seem like a high price tag and more you have to buy on top of it, but it was the best purchase I ever made, so I would recommend you go through it if your solid on becoming/being a DJ.
    FYP

no need for traktor scratch if you dont use timecoded vinyl/cds..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    FYP

no need for traktor scratch if you dont use timecoded vinyl/cds..
    Oops, typo, mai bad. Yea, don't get scratch, get pro. Here's photos of my VCI, their older and the crossfader is still yellow instead of black, but w/e

Edit: Weltra, love your DIY Midifighter... Random, but it's sexxy

Tech Convert

That looks like a beast of a set up lol. I didn't even notice that, but yeh I woulda thought Traktor Pro was the way to go. Hopefully I'll have this ordered by the end of the week when my pay comes in, cheers mate!

Quote Originally Posted by tyfurious View Post

Edit: Weltra, love your DIY Midifighter... Random, but it's sexxy

thanks.. i unbuilt it cause some things didnt work. stuff is still lying around.. need to make more midi controlls
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tell me if you thinking about spending that amount of money why dont you just invest in getting the S4?

The arcade is $849 without a sound card, and the S4 is $899. Its still a sick controller dont get me wrong, just my 2cents.

Kontrol S4 > VCI arcade.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Tech Convert

Umm, I actually don't know lol, I guess I just got taken in by all the arcade mods and the fact that there're more videos on the site. I might look into it now, do you have an S4?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast