Any method to update ID3 tags for music files automatically ?
    oneandonlyedwin

Default Any method to update ID3 tags for music files automatically ?

Hello i was wondering how do i update the ID3 tag on all the music files on my Windows system automatically without manually going into every file and editing the tag.

I'm not looking to update the File name of Art. I just want to update the KEY and BPM section for all music files in my Windows system.

I know Virtual DJ detects both Key and BPM . Can i export those tags detected by Virtual DJ to my Music collection on my PC?

OR is there any other way to get around this quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by edwinn999 View Post
    Hello i was wondering how do i update the ID3 tag on all the music files on my Windows system automatically without manually going into every file and editing the tag.

I'm not looking to update the File name of Art. I just want to update the KEY and BPM section for all music files in my Windows system.

I know Virtual DJ detects both Key and BPM . Can i export those tags detected by Virtual DJ to my Music collection on my PC?

OR is there any other way to get around this quickly?
    Beatport can do it but you have to sync every track manually and then it will update all the metadata you want. As far as i now there is no software that does everything for you.

Yep, MP3Tag is what I use. Great program for general bulk tagging.

Once that's done, then look at VDJ's key options, not sure if it saves it to the id3 tag, or to a seperate series of files.. I don't use it, I would like to think it saves it to the MP3, but honestly don't know.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DJAdeSands; 06-30-2016 at 05:43 PM.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

I strongly suspect that VDJ DOESN'T write to the MP3 file (unfortunately).

There is another way of doing it. But you need a key/tempo finder software (I use Mixed in Key) to write the key + tempo to the filename. Then you'd use MP3Tag to copy the data from the filename, into the relevant tag fields ion the MP3 file.

It's gonna take a while to do your whole collection, and you'll need to make sure you do it for all new tracks as you download them, but honestly, it's worth it - since once its done, you have a totally mobile collection/library, that you can use across any software.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

BPMs, I don't know - as I rely on detection by Traktor for that.
    But Key information can easily (and with high accuracy) be detected by KeyFinder. It's opensource, free and available for both Mac and Win. Although Win version is not maintained anymore, it is still quite good.

KeyFinder can be setup to write to whatever tag field you like and also in the format of your choice (Camelot, OpenKey, plain music notation both as sharps or flats), and it also works in batch mode, so you can toss a few files a time at it, have it do its thing, and then have all files updated at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Marble View Post
    BPMs, I don't know - as I rely on detection by Traktor for that.
    But Key information can easily (and with high accuracy) be detected by KeyFinder. It's opensource, free and available for both Mac and Win. Although Win version is not maintained anymore, it is still quite good.

KeyFinder can be setup to write to whatever tag field you like and also in the format of your choice (Camelot, OpenKey, plain music notation both as sharps or flats), and it also works in batch mode, so you can toss a few files a time at it, have it do its thing, and then have all files updated at once.
    This. I personally use it to write Camelot key in Comment tag section
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Guru

Mixed In Key ($) will automatically detect and write Key and BPM into tags.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

MixMeister also will automatically tag the key & BPM of all your songs. But it's a really old program that hasn't been updated for years. So if you don't already have it, it's not worth getting. It's way over priced for such an out dated software series.

BPM Analyzer $4 (That all it does, BPM tagging.)
    MixMeister Express $70
    MixMeister Studio $200
    MixMeister Fusion $330

Quote Originally Posted by Jumanji View Post
    MixMeister also will automatically tag the key & BPM of all your songs. But it's a really old program that hasn't been updated for years. So if you don't already have it, it's not worth getting. It's way over priced for such an out dated software series.

BPM Analyzer $4 (That all it does, BPM tagging.)
    MixMeister Express $70
    MixMeister Studio $200
    MixMeister Fusion $330
    But Mixmeister BPM Analyzer still works very good