S4 Master volume knob doesn't work with 2.6?

Default S4 Master volume knob doesn't work with 2.6?

My master volume knob on my S4 works...but it doesn't turn the master volume knob in T2.6...

anyone else have this problem? or better, a fix?

The S4 volume knob controls the sound card inside the S4 which is hardware not software.
    The software main volume knob isn't mapped to any knob on the S4 because once you get your gain structure set you don't need to change the software main volume. At least not very often.

The S4's sound card can be used even when your computer is off so the main volume knob on the controller is used to control the volume coming out of the sound card. This is a very useful feature because you can have a back up music source plugged into the S4 in case of a software or computer problem and play it through the S4 while rebooting and still have control over the output to your speakers.

Now that I have answered your query, I must give you the obligatory RTFM. Which stands for READ THE F**K'N MANUAL.
    There is an S4 manual, and a Traktor manual which contain at least 85% of the answers to most questions.

Cheers and happy mixing!

LOL classic. Informative. I always wondered that about the S4 as a mixer without the software, ie plug an ipod in incase of emergency. cheers meng!

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    The S4 volume knob controls the sound card inside the S4 which is hardware not software.
    The software main volume knob isn't mapped to any knob on the S4 because once you get your gain structure set you don't need to change the software main volume. At least not very often.

The S4's sound card can be used even when your computer is off so the main volume knob on the controller is used to control the volume coming out of the sound card. This is a very useful feature because you can have a back up music source plugged into the S4 in case of a software or computer problem and play it through the S4 while rebooting and still have control over the output to your speakers.

Now that I have answered your query, I must give you the obligatory RTFM. Which stands for READ THE F**K'N MANUAL.
    There is an S4 manual, and a Traktor manual which contain at least 85% of the answers to most questions.

Cheers and happy mixing!