Best headphones for ~ 200€?
    Tech Wizard

Default Best headphones for ~ 200€?

Hey, I'm looking for a new pair of headphones, my HDJ 500 cracked.
    I'm wondering if the HDJ 2000 has better quality? How is the sound on those?
    I'm also considering V-moda Crossfade LP, those have great build quality, but how's the sound quality compared to the HDJ 2000? I've tried the HD 25 but I didn't find them very comfortable.
    Please give me recomendations on what I can buy

Best regards, Jack H.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack H View Post
    Please give me recomendations on what I can buy
    For this, I recommend you read some of the other bazillion threads on headphones. They won't be hard to find, as about half the threads on this forum now appear to be about f*ckin' headphones.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 11-26-2011 at 05:26 PM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

Well,I have red other threads but I didnt really get the answer that I was looking for. You don't have to get mad.

Tech Mentor

I agree, there are tons of headphone threads. I tried searching them today and came up with lots of them asking for help but no real info. is there a headphone sticky thread somewhere?

Tech Mentor

Well I am not super experienced in the ways of headphones but i have had two up scale headphones and they were beats (Junk) and Pioneer HDJ-2000s. I currently use the 2ks and have never had a problem. They seem indestructible if your not an idiot. My only complaint is the lack of bass, but the frequency of the mids and highs are unrealistically good. I love them and will probably use them until I hang up the biz. Beats on the other hand are almost like toys. I had mine less and a year and they started to pop and crack in the speaker in the ear. THey are not meant for rough Djing. That is my two cents. Hope it helps.

I was addressing the point I quoted, not the others. We've had 6 threads in the last 72 hours asking for people to recommend headphones. Anyway, have a look at this

http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/headphones_2010.php
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 11-26-2011 at 07:33 PM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    For this, I recommend you read some of the other bazillion threads on headphones. They won't be hard to find, as about half the threads on this forum now appear to be about f*ckin' headphones.
    agreed...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    I was addressing the point I quoted, not the others. We've had 6 threads in the last 72 hours asking for people to recommend headphones. Anyway, have a look at this

http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/headphones_2010.php
    This.

Personally it comes down to cost, and what you are particularly looking for. Over-ear or on ear.

Personally I owned the AIAIAI TMA-1's, and really liked them. I didn't find the bass as punchy as my buddies Xone' 53's though. And since my dog chewed them into ruin (beagle puppy > headphones), I've been in the market for a new pair.

I'm also really interested in the Ultrasone DJ1 Pro's, and the Pioneer HDJ 2000's. Not sure if I can justify the price on the pioneers, and I've not personally heard the Ultrasone's.

It's always a tough call.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

I think I'd go for the Ultrasones. Than again, I would test both these puppies(DJ1Pro and HDJ2000) out for a while, just as some In Ear Monitors.

Isolation above all volumes and all...

But all's already said in the other mentioned threads and reviews. So I'm closing down shop.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --