Newb unboxing a VCI-400... It doesn't work...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Newb unboxing a VCI-400... It doesn't work...

Because i don't know how to set it up. When I registered and started my traktor software it did not list the vci-400 as one of the software controllers I could use when I selected vestax from the menu. I dicked with the settings a bit but decided I should hit the forum. I know the answer is probalby already on here but i was unable to uncover it with the search function.

If it helps I bought my traktor copy with the NI2 soundcard.

did you download the vci-400 driver and import the controller mapping?
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Mentor

What version of Traktor are you running? Traktor Pro 2.5.1?
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Mentor

I did install the drivers on the disk. I did not import the controller mapping because I am bought the E.G.E. and I thought it was updated in the firmware and I had to install a specific mapping.

Tech Mentor

I looked on the forum and cannot find the link for the VCI 400 special edition mapping. Was i supposed to download it from the cart?

Quote Originally Posted by Entheos406 View Post
    I looked on the forum and cannot find the link for the VCI 400 special edition mapping. Was i supposed to download it from the cart?
    here's the ean golden one:
    http://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/22

i'm actually using the flashflooder version which i prefer:
    http://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/166

edit: make sure you import whichever mapping you use twice using the big import button on the main settings window. there is a weird bug that will cause things to not work right if you only import it once.
    Last edited by squidot; 10-04-2012 at 09:53 PM.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Because i don't know how to set it up. When I registered and started my traktor software it did not list the vci-400 as one of the software controllers I could use when I selected vestax from the menu.
    when you install traktor it isn't going to show the vci-400 as an option. when you are in traktor you need to go the settings and select the vci-400 as your soundcard and set it to internal mixing mode. i'm not in front of traktor but look at the top most settings on the left and you should see it. if not i can post when i get home to my laptop.

also make sure your system is seeing the controller. if you are using windows check your device manager, if you're using a mac check the midi area in your settings.
    thread of free music

Tech Mentor

Looks like I got it working, plugged in the headphones and no sound. Fiddled with it quite a while changing everything I could but still no sound out the headphones. I will have to hook it up to my monitors later, I gotta head out. I've been dinging with this in between pickups and dropoffs. Driving for a transportation service tonight.

Looks like I got it working, plugged in the headphones and no sound. Fiddled with it quite a while changing everything I could but still no sound out the headphones. I will have to hook it up to my monitors later, I gotta head out. I've been dinging with this in between pickups and dropoffs. Driving for a transportation service tonight.
    there is a software headphone volume knob in traktor. you may have to "show" it in the settings or use the expanded view to see the control. it could be that internally the headphone volume is all the way down within the software.
    thread of free music

Tech Mentor

Imported the settings twice, checked all my connections and fiddled with the volume control in tractor. Still nothing out of the headphones. Hooked the main outs to my studio monitors and it. Puts sound out but only the right side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast