Foam earplugs?

Thread: Foam earplugs?

Tech Guru

Default Foam earplugs?

I know there are varying db ratings on certain types of earplugs, do people buy multiple pairs with different ratings or just use the generic store bought foam earplugs?

I have a gig this weekend on an extremely loud contained system and don't want to blow my hearing....should i just buy the foam earplugs and hope my headphones and booth will be able to be heard through them?

Also, where is the software adjustment for headphones in traktor 2?

I can control the level on my s4 but I know that there is an alternate setting in the software.

Thanks,

I bought Alpine musicsafe pro's for DJing, they come with 3 different filters.
    The earplugs i use at work are generic $0.99 earplugs but they do fine (afaik) for sitting next to heavy machinery all day.

Any earplugs are better than no earplugs.

And for your S4 there should be a bar inbetween the track decks and your library/playlists, with cue vol, mix and mic output, moving the cue vol actually amplifies what you have set on the hardware
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Just get cheap hi-fi musician's earplugs (hearos, they sell them at guitar center for $13) or other hi-fi earplugs

http://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-Resea...1663020&sr=8-1

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless
    Preach!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

none will be here in time for the gig and the foam ones block alot of noise, I'm goin to try to find some old ones from work and snip the connecting string, I can adjust them a little bit to let in more or less soundi think.

You should really try to get musicians earplugs, as they should block all frequencies equally. It's not just a case of moving the foam ones around.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    none will be here in time for the gig and the foam ones block alot of noise, I'm goin to try to find some old ones from work and snip the connecting string, I can adjust them a little bit to let in more or less soundi think.

Please try particular musician earplugs . It has more features of adjusting voice and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    The earplugs i use at work are generic $0.99 earplugs but they do fine (afaik) for sitting next to heavy machinery all day.

And for your S4 there should be a bar inbetween the track decks and your library/playlists, with cue vol, mix and mic output, moving the cue vol actually amplifies what you have set on the hardware
    I can agree with Hoodless, Alpines are brilliant for the price! Even used them when at the F1 earlier this year and they were ideal!
    | NI Traktor Scratch Pro 2.1.3 | Steinberg Cubase 7.0 | Yamaha HS80m Monitors | Oxygen 25 |
    | Allen & Heath Xone:62 | Pioneer CDJ 200 | NI Kontrol X1 | Novation Launchpad |

Facebook | Twitter | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post

I wouldn`t say that. Cheap foam earplugs are meant to drown out all sound. The OP seems like he needs earplugs to just bring the DB down a bit, but not drown out the music.

What the OP needs are something more like these: http://www.etymotic.com/hp/er20.html or these: http://store.djtechtools.com/vmoda-faders-vip.html where they'll just bring all sound down by about 12-15db.

I paid $200 for custom musicians earplugs that attenuate the sound about 20db (interchangeable filters), but I just purchased the v-moda fader earplugs from DJTT to give them a go.