Twister analog-style melodic step sequencer?
    Tech Convert

Default Twister analog-style melodic step sequencer?

Hi,

I was interested in buying the Twister, and using it as an analog-style melodic step sequencer - ideally in Ableton Live. It could be as simple as using the Twister as a hardware interface to Live's M4L "Monosequencer", where each knob tweaks the pitch of a step. Perhaps different modes allow you to use the knobs to change gate length, velocity and other control layers as well.

Is anything like this possible?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pl0ink View Post
    Hi,

I was interested in buying the Twister, and using it as an analog-style melodic step sequencer - ideally in Ableton Live. It could be as simple as using the Twister as a hardware interface to Live's M4L "Monosequencer", where each knob tweaks the pitch of a step. Perhaps different modes allow you to use the knobs to change gate length, velocity and other control layers as well.

Is anything like this possible?

thanks!
    i'd like to know as well, this would be a very cool addition to the already awesome mf. i just bought a second twister and i'm using 1 with it's native drum sequencer, and the 2nd to trigger notes to instruments. this is sort of a workaround, as you can only send 1 note eg the kick send an A on a 16 note pattern, the snare sends a F# on a 16 step pattern and so on, and everything is on channel 8 so it's difficult to route to different instrumets. with the first knob you change the note you send, with the 2nd you change the pattern, and so on..

Tech Convert

No ideas? Even if there isn't awesome integration with the Twister, is there a M4L device or VST that could be easily mapped to it, perhaps?

Tech Wizard

Did you ever get this working? I would be interested as well for Ableton and M4L.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by therushisloud View Post
    Did you ever get this working? I would be interested as well for Ableton and M4L.
    I ended up buying a Twister, but no, didn't get it really working as I would have liked. The hardware is really great, but could do with some love from the software side of things.

Tech Convert

This is the tool I have been looking for:
    http://www.soundmanufacture.net/chord-o-mat.html

It's precisely what I've been hunting for all along, and it does some other useful things too.

See the video: