Cracked DVS Software - Page 5
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Oh i agree with getting to know a program using cracks to see if you like that(i think i even talked about this earlier in the thread), i admitedly do that all the time because demos are so damn feature limited. But the point that you know you like the program and you want to stick with it, thats when you should be forking out the $ for the program.

cracked sound-tech software is a middle stage for me. some 2-3 years ago i downloaded T3, started learning. Around new year's i started to save money for equipment and i made a list of thing to buy in future in specific order. I already got sound card and controler, now it's time to buy software, or even i migh wait a little and get turntables sooner. For me its always buy hardware first and then software, in the meant time hack and crack like crazy

however my morals contain just the music stuff, i would never pay for windows, games and such.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jainsy View Post

I am a Student and have no income at all. As those in the UK may know the student loan undergraduate university students receive is just over £3000 a year. I pay over £4000 a year for my accomodation as I study away from home on top of this I need to pay for all my utility bills, food, clothes etc. Obviously the loan covers nowhere near this and therefore the last thing I could ever afford for the next few years is software, especially when its so easy to access for free.

I dont brag about having free software, I don't think its cool.

Hopefully, when I graduate I will be on a decent wage (if the economy brightens up!) and then I will have no problem what so ever in paying for any of these programs. Anyhow, if these companies build up a young fan base there is a lot of potential income to be had in future years.
    I don't know of any of my friends who have legit software for exactly the same reasons, its simply out of our price range for the time being.
    I agree with you completely man, the way students are crippled financially is horrible. I'm also at uni and having now got all my gear I am slowing selling and upgrading things, the next things on my list are Traktor Pro and then the VCI 100, then I'm going to try and stop buying music, I'm getting frustrated with the fact I can't update my T-Pro. When I graduate hoepfully I'll be able to be completely legal but for the moment I also just can't afford it.

Stealing music I do believe is different as smaller artists don't have the massive record companies backing them so beatport and itunes do get a fair wad out of my loans. Also blogs are an awesome source of legal bootlegs which are [generally] legal.
    Traktor Pro, Live 7
    Vaio NR10E/S 1.46GHz, 3GB, 160GB HD,
    Echo Audiofire 2, KRK RP6
    Behringer DDM 4000, VCI 100 FW1.3

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

A few things.
    Your Traktor software is licensed to YOU and YOU only so splitting the cost and/or putting it on 2 different machines is still illegal. The license is in one persons name so that means that someone else would have access to the License/Serial/Registration numbers which is illegal.
    Just so theres no confusion , This not Legal. Nada

Oh and er... guys i aint a rat but using the same Login Name on DJTT and on the Traktor forum and say "I don't have a single piece of software that I have bought" then come on the NI forum asking for help with cracked software. You need to keep it on the down-low ... DOH..!

My biggest objection to people using cracked software isnt the actual use of it , its the bragging and boasting that people do. Its a bit like "ner ner ner ner i i use cracked software and there nothing you can do" its reeeeeeally childish.

Like ooh get you cyber-terrorist.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 03-05-2009 at 09:38 AM.

I agree with Karlos here.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I think we need to lay down some rules for this thread before it gets out of hand -

1) Dont go boasting you use cracked software.

2) Keep the comments constructive, for example state what would have to change in software for you to not use cracked software.

3) Realise that we have people in the industry reading this and glorifying piracy can damage DJTT's relationship with software vendors - which is something we do not want. This thread is here to put out a message to these vendors of what it is we would like to see demo's so users dont have to use cracks to test the software in the first place.

4) If you like the software, pay for it. No one thinks your cool, smart or anything like that if your stealing software with no intention of ever buying it - you just make yourself look bad.

If people can show they can actually talk about this in a mature manner this thread wont be closed.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 03-05-2009 at 09:58 AM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post

If people can show they can actually talk about this in a mature matter this thread wont be closed.
    100% agree with Admin . Its a really hard subject to talk about without getting into hot-water.
    Its cool that DJTT will EVEN allow this discussion , thats why i think peeps should keep respect for DJTT in mind .
    Im certainly not coming on here with some crappy defence of NI . I would not do that. To be honest I come on DJTT to get away from the NI Forum and have a standard members voice.

I only pointed out that Legal stuff cus someone asked. (i hope peeps wont think im some kinda mole hahaha, im small enuff)

Nah man, Moles will turn up themselves. Eventually make themselves known.

We try our hardest not to be like that, and also not to be untrusty.
    (This leads to bad karma in the long run!)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    A few things.
    Your Traktor software is licensed to YOU and YOU only so splitting the cost and/or putting it on 2 different machines is still illegal. The license is in one persons name so that means that someone else would have access to the License/Serial/Registration numbers which is illegal.
    Just so theres no confusion , This not Legal. Nada
    I am curious on this, Karlos.

I was under the impression that I could put the license on two different machines (A home desktop and a travelling laptop). Wouldn't that be sort of the point of having multiple installs? Well, that and buying a new machine? But, arguably, if I purchase software and have a right to the license, and buy a new machine do I not have the right to then install it? Can a software company force me to re-buy the software along with my new machine?

Isn't the license, by law, mine? If I have three legal uses of it does it matter where I install them?

What are the legal uses of the multiple licenses? (I'm not asking this to cause problems, I'm genuinely curious)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Well, me and my buddy use 2 laptops to DJ. Have been for the past 4 years. Since we are both part of the same 'company', we are allowed to use the 2 licensed installs.

At least, that's what NI has told me in the past. I had 2 licensed copies of TScratch (because I needed 2 Audio8's and the deal I got for the second set was ridiculous). When I installed T3 is when I checked with NI. I wonder if I still have the email...or if it was over the phone.

I have no issues in paying for extra licenses. I make money from this, so I have no excuse not to pay or follow the rules.

I am not, however, installing my copy on one machine and then calling up some random friend and telling him to install it with my registration and serial #.

If you are installing it on another machine that's part of the same corporation/company/etc then you should have no worries.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast