Native Instruments X1 MK2 Issue

Default Native Instruments X1 MK2 Issue

Long shot to see if anyone here can help but I've had no luck on the NI Forums and I've searched every possible term I can think of on google.

I'm running an X1 MK2 with an A6 and a MacBook Pro running 10.13.2 Traktor is the latest version.

Anyway the X1 is not connecting properly. It's just flash A/B and not letting me select via the browser knob. It lights up as normal etc when it powers omn

It seems to be sending signal and the CTRL flashes and the Device Updater recognizes it. I've also had some success in making it adjust brightness etc.

I've checked the input/output, reinstalled traktor etc. No luck. It lights up fine when I plug it in as well.

It's worked fine and literally stopped working the next time I tried to use it.. No changes to anything. I was already running 10.13.2 as well when it was last working.

I've seen a couple of other cases of this online but no solutions. I've also tested it on another computer but that was another Mac with the same OS.

Completely stumped and I really don't want to have to buy a new controller, but I'm starting to think it's just straight up failed. Which sucks. Any help though would be much appreciated.

I thought you picked the decks with the loop encoders.

Call NI tech support.

You can select the decks with any of the three encoders. Try it with the loop encoders and see if that works.

On a side not, I wish there was a way to display the loop times on the X1 MK2 from Serato or Rekordbox DJ cause I really miss my MK2's.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I thought you picked the decks with the loop encoders.

Call NI tech support.
    Either or. None of the 3 work.

Yeah I'll send a ticket now.

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    You can select the decks with any of the three encoders. Try it with the loop encoders and see if that works.
    Yeah no go, should've mentioned I tried with all 3 encoders.

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    Yeah no go, should've mentioned I tried with all 3 encoders.
    Sad face. If they get you a solution, post it here.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post

On a side not, I wish there was a way to display the loop times on the X1 MK2 from Serato or Rekordbox DJ cause I really miss my MK2's.
    TIL.

It sounds like a hardware fault for me. If you've switched the USB cables and ports, yeah...it's probably a hardware issue that should hopefully be covered under warranty.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Flashing LED's are indicating that the unit is recognized and that the default mapping was imported automatically. Check the In-Port in the Controller Manager maybe it's set to "None".

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    TIL.

It sounds like a hardware fault for me. If you've switched the USB cables and ports, yeah...it's probably a hardware issue that should hopefully be covered under warranty.
    Yeah i'm thinking it is a hardware fault. I've been going back and forth with NI and I've done the system report for them to check over my config/drivers etc so It's starting to look like it's hardware, which sucks cause it's probably 4 years or so old so it's definitely out of warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Flashing LED's are indicating that the unit is recognized and that the default mapping was imported automatically. Check the In-Port in the Controller Manager maybe it's set to "None".
    Nah not that, first thing I checked.

It's funny even in the controller editor I can adjust brightness etc but it's literally just a case of the 3 encoders not letting me select my channels. As I said above I'm pretty resigned to the fact it's probably just a hardware fault. It's just not an issue I've ever had with an NI product before (hardware fault) so I'm desperately hoping it's just my stupidity.