My first own set up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My first own set up

So, as it says, im now saving up what money i can, to get my first own set.
    As some have maybe seen it already, i have a shared set with my brother http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=54249 .

The deal is this, ím now working with a crappy toshiba laptop and....well..there it is, that basically sums up my home studio at the moment
    I know the first thing i need is if not GREAT atleast a decent laptop, and im not even considering a mac because theyre just so out of my budget range for the present moment.

So i was wondering if you guys/girls would have some awesome tips/hints/opinions on the set i am thinking of getting, and that set would be---->
    http://www.thomann.de/fi/focusrite_s...ing_bundle.htm
    http://www.thomann.de/fi/numark_mixtrack_pro.htm

So, i think that would be a pretty decent way to start my own humble set.
    and the laptop, i´m definetly open for all kinds of suggestions here fellows!

What do you think of this? am i taking a leap of faith here or what?..no but seriously, i would respect a outside opinion on this matter, you never know what somebody else might know. So thank you for the hopefully soon to be comment!
    ...ATOMIABSORPTIOSPEKTROFOTOMETRI...
    http://soundcloud.com/sethlex

Tech Mentor

I think you mean set up. You had me very confused

Tech Wizard

You are doing the right thing asking about all the gear you want to buy, but try before you buy, Test things live. The Mixtrack does the job amazingly, but the BCD300 does the same thing for much less with the right mapping.

Meet another DJs, ask them about their gear. Try another controllers, CDJs and so on... Try to find something that will expand your skills and possibilities. If you choose some controller that will limit you can do, you'll have to find another one very soon. Make a smart choice and try everything before spending up your money.

(Based on a personal choice, tried vinyl, CDj, Hercules controllers and the list goes on and on. I use a S4)

If you just want a controller with some good speakers for under $500, look around for a used S2 and some studio monitors. Keep an eye on craigslist. You can get awesome stuff for dirt cheap if your patient and know how to negotiate. I got my Krk's for $50 each
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Quote Originally Posted by Fressure View Post
    I think you mean set up. You had me very confused
    I was actually thinking im writing something wrong when i wrote that, thanks for the note, yes, a set up it will be!

And also thanks for the other tips!

I still think thou ill get the mixtrackPro, Just have a gut feeling about it.
    And the package just for the fact ill get "everything" i want in the same order, the monitors, a mic, and a soundcard.

Still thou, thank you for the insights, i tried actually looking into craigslist but couldnt make anything out of it. you can olny search for one city at a time? thats like finding a needle in a...anyways. thanks!

Read reviews on gear, there are hundreds on this site. It gets real annoying to read these threads 20 times a day.

like omg i got 2 grand what should i buy?

How about go read and find gear that fits your needs.

The package seems decent value...
    If you go the craigslist or ebay route postage will cost a fortune to Finland, so I think the thomann package is good value.

I have the same soundcard on my desktop pc for Ableton and it sounds real nice.

Mixtrack pro is a great controller too!
    SC | MC

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Edited title to avoid confusion

Hey man, a little off topic, but I noticed you from Helsinki. I was there 2 days ago, beautiful sunny day until the rains came down hard in the afternoon! Should be heading back to Helsinki in 2 weeks time.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Quote Originally Posted by hola amigos View Post
    Read reviews on gear, there are hundreds on this site. It gets real annoying to read these threads 20 times a day.

like omg i got 2 grand what should i buy?

How about go read and find gear that fits your needs.
    Why do you read these threads 20 effin time in a day if it annoys you?

NickyH- thanks mate! now this is why i started this particular thread, not to annoy anybody.

Dustin V-:`D, yes indeed, i thoutght the rain kinda made the day, i was just cycling thru the city when it fell and was that nice or what!...maybe we should do a little meet up if youre interested :`)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast