Need help with setup!

Default Need help with setup!

I am trying to connect my CDJ 100s to connect with traktor on my macbook, however I can't get any sound to come through the speakers from traktor.

I am using:
    Macbook pro
    2 x Pioneer CDJ100s
    1 x Pioneer DJM 300s mixer
    Traktor 2 Soundcard
    I also use a Cambridge Audio Topaz AM5 amp, and 2x Aviano 1 speakers.

Sound is successfully coming through my CDJs to speakers, but I can't get what is happenning on my decks to the visuals on traktor? Do I have to sync/calibrate something? I've tried playing tracks through traktor straight into my speakers and the sound works fine.

I'm a total novice when it comes to setting up things like this, to the point where I don't know if I've just wired this wrong.
    Are you able to somehow help me with my setup?
    Any help is much appreciated.
    Last edited by markyambrose; 12-27-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Are you using timecode? This thread should be moved to general section

done
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

what do you mean by traktor 2 soundcard? do you have the audio 2?

in order to use the cdj 100s you will need traktor scratch pro with the control cds and a traktor scratch certified mixer or soundcard (audio 6/8/10).

i would research it if i were you though because my cdj 100s didnt really like being a part of dvs if i remember correctly and some other people have the same issues upon doing a quick google search.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Convert

If u plug in headfones u have to restart tracktor

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoleopard View Post
    If u plug in headfones u have to restart tracktor
    I don't know where you got that from :\

Unfortunately as Squidot said earlier, you're not going to be able to use traktor with your current setup. Your CDJ 100's aren't USB capable, so you can't use them as USB controllers, and the Native Instruments Audio 2 Doesn't support timecode (It isn't Scratch Certified, nor does it have enough channels)
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    what do you mean by traktor 2 soundcard? do you have the audio 2?

in order to use the cdj 100s you will need traktor scratch pro with the control cds and a traktor scratch certified mixer or soundcard (audio 6/8/10).

i would research it if i were you though because my cdj 100s didnt really like being a part of dvs if i remember correctly and some other people have the same issues upon doing a quick google search.
    Sorry yeah I'm using the audio 2. Is there no way to sync the cdj100s with traktor pro? I'm sure I've seen videos of people online using traktor with their cdj100s!

So, even if I get an audio 6/Traktor scratch pro I'm likely to still get problems with my 100s? I don't really know what my best option is here...I just want to be able to mix CDs with a visual cue on screen. Or would an upgrade in the near future to cdj400s work with the audio 2/traktor scratch pro?

What do you mean by being part of dvs? Like I say you're speaking to a layman here.

Thanks for everybody's help so far.

You need a soundcard that is scratch certified, Traktor Scratch Pro and Timecode CD's. Not 100% sure how well they work, squidot makes it sound like the CDJ 100s don't work like the others. I have no experience with them, I just know how CDJs normally work with traktor

dvs = digital vinyl system, aka the timecode CD's in your case
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Quote Originally Posted by markyambrose View Post
    So, even if I get an audio 6/Traktor scratch pro I'm likely to still get problems with my 100s? I don't really know what my best option is here...I just want to be able to mix CDs with a visual cue on screen. Or would an upgrade in the near future to cdj400s work with the audio 2/traktor scratch pro?
    i couldn't say for sure, but i would highly recommend you to do some extensive googling before you buy something that may not work properly. i have a cdj 100 and 200...to be honest i haven't tried to use them with traktor scratch since version 1.something and i didn't really bother troubleshooting the issue. i was having problems with the 100 where the track wouldn't play correctly upon hitting the play button. it would stutter and sound odd. the 200 was fine. those issues may have been worked out with newer versions of traktor though, but do some searching to be sure.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Quote Originally Posted by markyambrose View Post
    Sorry yeah I'm using the audio 2. Is there no way to sync the cdj100s with traktor pro? I'm sure I've seen videos of people online using traktor with their cdj100s!

What do you mean by being part of dvs? Like I say you're speaking to a layman here.

Thanks for everybody's help so far.

Can you send us a link to this video ?
    Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Akai APC40 :: 17" Acer
    Check out our new "D.O.D - What Time?" Remix! : http://snd.sc/1bvF1xf