Pretty Lights "A Color Map of the Sun"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Pretty Lights "A Color Map of the Sun"

So DVS "Pretty Lights" new album drops today! What does everyone think of the new album? Love the new direction he went with, about recording all the sounds from known musicians and instruments to random people in music shops.

You can find and download the album and much more from his label here for FREE: http://www.prettylightsmusic.com/therecordlabel/
    Last edited by cpetticrew; 07-02-2013 at 09:42 AM.
    :: Maschine MK2 :: MF SPECTRA :: Novation Launchpad :: Moog Little Phatty Stage II :: MBP 13.3" i7 2.9GHz Turbo 3.6GHz 8GB ::

On track 1, and I'm loving it.

nice i've been scratching to Vince's beats for years. Nice funky breaks. Great for a chillout set

Tech Mentor

I've been diggen the new album so far. I wish the vinyl copy wasn't so dam expensive I really wanted to show support and buy it but it was $40 and $60 shipped. That would have been the most expensive album I've ever bought. It doesn't make any sense considering he's giving the digital copy for free. I haven't gotten through all the extra breaks yet on the deluxe version. Is there anything good in there?

Saw Pretty Lights this past weekend at a festival. His new album stuff was amazing. It's definitely worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Gooch View Post
    I've been diggen the new album so far. I wish the vinyl copy wasn't so dam expensive I really wanted to show support and buy it but it was $40 and $60 shipped. That would have been the most expensive album I've ever bought. It doesn't make any sense considering he's giving the digital copy for free. I haven't gotten through all the extra breaks yet on the deluxe version. Is there anything good in there?
    Yeh I'm on the same page with ya for that vinyl. Maybe try to catch it on eBay discounted after it's been out for awhile. Hopefully he gets on a roll like he did a couple years back and puts out a few ep's after this. I'll def. take this new album though lovin that Pretty Lights groove!
    :: Maschine MK2 :: MF SPECTRA :: Novation Launchpad :: Moog Little Phatty Stage II :: MBP 13.3" i7 2.9GHz Turbo 3.6GHz 8GB ::

Loving this album/sound (hadn't listened to Pretty Lights before) so I just pulled the trigger and ordered the vinyl off Amazon. I downloaded all of his other stuff for free yesterday, so I didn't feel too awful about throwing some cash his way. I'm still not sure why the cost is so high, however.

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Loving this album/sound (hadn't listened to Pretty Lights before) so I just pulled the trigger and ordered the vinyl off Amazon. I downloaded all of his other stuff for free yesterday, so I didn't feel too awful about throwing some cash his way. I'm still not sure why the cost is so high, however.
    That's awesome man your def. in for a treat of some amazing music. Glowing In the Darkest Night is by far my favorite album by him, but not one of his albums I dislike by any means.

On track 1 now and diggin, been a pretty lights follower for a while, got so stoked after I watched this...

Man, thanks for sharing that sweet video. I've been listening to the album and thinking, "How the fuck does he get that sound"? I use my little Reason software and Maschine to make some beats, but seeing the lengths he went to to capture that vibe makes me feel a little better about my limited skills/tools! That was an ambitious way to make an album, and it really paid off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast