Just ordered a VCI-100, couple questions...
    Tech Wizard

Default Just ordered a VCI-100, couple questions...

yeah so i just ordered a vci-100 for $420 shipped from zzounds.com. this will be my first dive into djing, and i figured id go digital because it's really all i can afford atm. i do make some beats here and there with reason 5 (mainly dubstep and house).

but anyway here are a couple of questions i have...
    1. what firmware will my vci-100 come with if i just bought it now?
    2. can i buy a used firmware update chip since they're out of stock now?
    3. do you need traktor pro to take advantage of the 1.4 firmware? (i plan on getting it regardless)
    4. anyone ever have any experience with the focusrite saffire 6 audio interface and djing? (works great for producing...)

i guess that's all i can think of for now, but im sure i will have many more once the unit arrives...

edit: sorry i just realized this may be more appropriate in the vci support section. 1st post = fail. maybe next time haha.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lyons238 View Post
    1. what firmware will my vci-100 come with if i just bought it now?
    The only place you can get the firmware update on a new VCI is from DJTT so your VCI from zzsounds will have 1.2 on it.

can i buy a used firmware update chip since they're out of stock now?
    Yes, if you can find someone selling one. Might want to post that you want one in the buy sell forum.

do you need traktor pro to take advantage of the 1.4 firmware? (i plan on getting it regardless)
    No, but the mapping for the VCI DJTT offers make the VCI that much better.

anyone ever have any experience with the focusrite saffire 6 audio interface and djing? (works great for producing...)
    Sorry, no

edit: sorry i just realized this may be more appropriate in the vci support section. 1st post = fail. maybe next time haha.
    You're forgiven
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

thank you photojojo . well i guess ill have to find a 1.4 firmware update with the cable. i read that i need a windows computer with that same connection thats on the chip?

anyone have any instructions to do the update? i have a mac but im sure i can borrow someones windows computer quickly.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

i read that i need a windows computer with that same connection thats on the chip?
    I did my update on a mac running windows XP in bootcamp. It's generally a smoother process with a windows computer with a serial port. Check the stickies in this sub forum for instructions.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I did my update on a mac running windows XP in bootcamp. It's generally a smoother process with a windows computer with a serial port. Check the stickies in this sub forum for instructions.
    yeah i dont have a serial port so ill probly use my parents pc next time im home from college. if i have the chip by then anyway...

Tech Wizard

Bootcamp has worked smoothly many times for me
    ::.VCI-100 SE 1.4.::::.Traktor 1.2.7.::
    ::.Motu-Ultralite.::.OSX 10.6.6.::
    http://twitter.com/PhunkTronix
    http://www.mixcloud.com/phunktronix/