10 hours of work
    Tech Mentor

Default 10 hours of work

it took me 10 hours to come up with this loop, i was mixing all the pieces all around like scramble eggs, and finally after so many changes i think i want the track to run like this. %20 of the job completed which wass making the loop, venting here, tired mannnnn
    Last edited by Jester; 03-02-2012 at 02:13 AM.
    2x numark TT's, djm350, and vinyls/records and that's all i use man.

You made the fatal mistake of uploading it to soundcloud and posting it as a WIP, once it is uploaded in the open the chances of ever finishing it go down exponentially. At least this is true for me.

Otherwise sounds cool

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    You made the fatal mistake of uploading it to soundcloud and posting it as a WIP, once it is uploaded in the open the chances of ever finishing it go down exponentially. At least this is true for me.

Otherwise sounds cool
    have you tried going in circles? meaning - say you have 3 projects, so you work on a different one everyday, then an idea comes up, you realize this cant fit with any current project so you create a 4th project, now its like back from the start going around in circle, ring-around-the-???, every day you work on a diff project. i found this helpful :P hope you try it

Tech Student

..arrgh! if only I could finish a song!

Nice deep groove btw, hope you stick with it for the other 40hrs...I never can.

Quote Originally Posted by cutflow View Post
    have you tried going in circles? meaning - say you have 3 projects, so you work on a different one everyday, then an idea comes up, you realize this cant fit with any current project so you create a 4th project, now its like back from the start going around in circle, ring-around-the-???, every day you work on a diff project. i found this helpful :P hope you try it
    I still haven't really gotten the hang of methodology and discipline to actually produce consistent results yet. Working like that has never gotten me anywhere though and it is easier than disciplining yourself to finish something or move on. I think the only way to finish anything for me is to work on a track for a week or weekend and be done with it and move on or abandon it if it isn't gelling after that much time.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    I still haven't really gotten the hang of methodology and discipline to actually produce consistent results yet. Working like that has never gotten me anywhere though and it is easier than disciplining yourself to finish something or move on. I think the only way to finish anything for me is to work on a track for a week or weekend and be done with it and move on or abandon it if it isn't gelling after that much time.
    i like this post, wheres the like button, yeah you right, tomorrow when i get home i'm going to work on it more, do as much as possible then take it look at it a month from now or etc. i like your attitude.

ptty mnml! gd thgh
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    ptty mnml! gd thgh
    ilke2

lets put this in the correct forum eh.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

i upgraded the track into a part 2, can you hear a difference in the bass from the original one. like in this one, its more groovy, moves a bit quicker etc. i may need to boost it if its not to much noticable, although to me it is since i have been listening to the same bass for like 3 hours now [[[the original part 1 is posted in the first post ^^, below is the updated version 2.o]]]

Last edited by cutflow; 03-02-2012 at 09:36 PM.