Audio 8 DJ & Audio CD's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Audio 8 DJ & Audio CD's

Hi All,

Finally made my decission re a new soundcard and decided to stump up teh cash for an audio 8. Basically it leaves me open for expanding if need be in the future with plenty of outs and ins available!

Anyway one question i have is...

... if i have everything wored up so as i'm using my cdjs with timecode, what happens if i want to use them normally with a standard audio cd ? Do i have to swap wires around or can the audio just pass through and be used as normal ?

Cheers
    Gav
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

I don't know if the audio just pass through when Audio8 is connected, I'm gonna check it tomorow...
    But right now I can say that if your Audio8 is not connected (USB to comp.) the audio doesn't pass through, you've got to use the NI multicore cable (or something similar, don't know if that exist... ) and two more "line" channels... (to be able to play CDs & Traktor at the same time).
    If not you'll have to connect & disconnect cable...
    What mixer do you have ?

I've got a djm600 mixer.

Not sure what you mean by if "its not connected to the pc" it definatley will be as I wouldn't expect it to work if it wasn't connected, am I not understanding?? Probably not ha ha

hahahahah I admit that was not very clear
    If you always want to use CDJ at the same time with Traktor, your Audio8 will be always connected and powered... But I was thinking in the case that you want to only use the CDJ without starting your comp.
    I just checked & even if the Audio8 is connected and powered, the audio doesn't pass through... You need 2 lines in (or more it depend of you) for the deck A & B of Traktor, and 2 more lines for the direct audio from CDJs...

Hmmmm really! but there is only one set of outputs from the cdjs and these will be plugged into the audio 8 so how would you use more line ins at the same time.

Surely this is possible as its a bit scary for clubs if the oc packs up then you cant even quickly drop a standard audio cd in without rewiring.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Nope all wrong. Youve got the Multicores !!!! Havent you? If not buy them..!
    The whole idea of the Multicores is that you can use the CDJs with Timecode or with normal cds without changing cables. Just flip from phone and line on the mixer to select timecode or regular cd.

No swapping of anything ...!

Quote Originally Posted by minimalmintek View Post
    you've got to use the NI multicore cable
    yeap, is what I said... with this one you can have everything plugged...
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Just flip from phone and line on the mixer to select timecode or regular cd.
    but he needs 4 line channels (assuming he's got 2 decks coming from Traktor and 2 CDJs), he can't just flip from phono to line the same channel because he's using CD timecode, and not vynil...
    Last edited by minimalmintek; 05-10-2009 at 06:35 AM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah your right not phono to line, i meant 2 lines... You need 4 line channels, you swap between those or you chose Audio Through as the Input Mode with the Input Mode Selector in the Deck header.

I have a djm600 2 x 1210's and 2 x CDJ's will I be able to use everything without having to change wires?

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick here

Yeap
    & that's a shame... having to choose in using 2 more lines in (and obviously buy the multicore) or having Traktor running to chose Audio Through as the Input Mode...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast