Need urgent help with audio setup!
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Need urgent help with audio setup!

Hey guys, so I have been mixing without the ability to cue and use my headphones since I've been using my comp soundcard instead of my controller.

The problem was that, my speakers only have one aux cord, whilst my Denon Mc3000 controller requires a master L and R output. So I went and bought an adapter connecting my single aux cable (speaker cable) to a adapter to an RCA cable which connects to my controller.

My audio set up is:

Denon DJ ASIO Driver
    Sample rate 48000 HZ

Built in soundcard:
    win built-in: denon DJ asio driver

OUTPUT ROUTING:

Output monitor-
    L) 3: MC3000 3
    R) 4: MC3000 4

Output Master-
    L) 1: MC3000 1
    R) 2: MC3000 2

INPUT ROUTING:

Input Deck A-
    L (Mono) 1: Mc30001
    R) 2: Mc3000 2

Input Deck B-
    L (mono) 3: mc3000 3
    R) 4: mc3000 4

Input deck C and the rest are not connected

There is no sound coming from my speakers nor my headphones. What is the issue?

Previously I have been using my computer soundcard and the audio came through just fine, but I really need to fix this issue of not being able to use my headphones nor my controller soundcard. Any help is much appreciated! This is really starting to bug me.

PICTURES:

This is the RCA audio chord connected to the controller:

This is the adapter to connect my single AUX audio cable to the dual RCA cables:
    And the green cable is the single AUX cable which is connected to my speakers (my speakers are not self powered, they require a power chord FYI)

And this is my RCA cable plugged into a cable jack to connect to the master output:
    Last edited by DemiAlex; 11-14-2012 at 05:39 PM.

There's so much confusing and wrong here that I don't even know where to start. Read your manuals and learn about connectors and signal flow.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Mentor

No help at all.

I've made a thread about this a couple weeks back and the only answer I got was: buy a cable splitter

My manual says I need a TRS balanced cable, isn't that what I have?

Then it says to connect it to an AMP, however I don't see why it can't connect directly to a powered speaker?

Tech Mentor

Lose the 1/4" to RCA adapters and plug into the RCA master output on your controller. That's a start... still trying to decipher everything else going on.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    Lose the 1/4" to RCA adapters and plug into the RCA master output on your controller. That's a start... still trying to decipher everything else going on.
    Not sure what you mean by this, the reason I have the RCA chord and the adapter is to branch out the one aux chord into 2 outputs so I can plug it in to the master L and R (since it requires 2 separate output chords)

u CANT GO BALANCED TO UNBALANCED! when there are rca's coming out the back of your controller and u need rca to hook up- use those outputs!!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by paulie.phonic View Post
    u CANT GO BALANCED TO UNBALANCED! when there are rca's coming out the back of your controller and u need rca to hook up- use those outputs!!
    So I should have plugged it into the unbalanced output? I took out the cable jacks and just plugged in the rca cable to the master out unbalanced L and R but still no sound is coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    There's so much confusing and wrong here that I don't even know where to start. Read your manuals and learn about connectors and signal flow.
    +1

It'll help you in the long run because this really should be simple stuff, you've just confused the shit out of me as well somehow...

Why on earth aren't you using the RCA outputs?

Sorry I can't help you more.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    +1

It'll help you in the long run because this really should be simple stuff, you've just confused the shit out of me as well somehow...

Why on earth aren't you using the RCA outputs?

Sorry I can't help you more.

Yeah sorry for being a complete noob at all of this, I thought it would be as simple as connecting 1 + 1 but apparently it's not.

http://de.virtualdj.com/image/33954/...Cwholesale.jpg

This is exactly what I have, that rca cable is connected to my master out unbalanced L and R, with the end of the connector connected directly into my aux speaker cable.

do I NEED an amp? does it not work if i directly connect it to a speaker?

The single AUX cable is whats throwing me off. Go from rca to rca? This should be a really simple hook up.

You need to have RCA In's on your amp.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast