Pro Link help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro Link help

Default Pro Link help

so for the past few months, i have been using my 2 xdj700s and a djm600. right now my 2 xdjs are linked to my router thats linked to my computer so that i can load songs from my pc to my players. well now i am adding a 3rd xdj but i dont have any more ports on my router. so i tried jumping my router to my ethernet switch then to xdjs but no luck. i then tried to eliminate the router entirely. so 3 xdjs and my pc all linked to the ethernet switch (from what i understand according to pioneer, this should have worked) but still no luck. i really dont want to buy a new router just for one more link port. there must be a work around

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    so for the past few months, i have been using my 2 xdj700s and a djm600. right now my 2 xdjs are linked to my router thats linked to my computer so that i can load songs from my pc to my players. well now i am adding a 3rd xdj but i dont have any more ports on my router. so i tried jumping my router to my ethernet switch then to xdjs but no luck. i then tried to eliminate the router entirely. so 3 xdjs and my pc all linked to the ethernet switch (from what i understand according to pioneer, this should have worked) but still no luck. i really dont want to buy a new router just for one more link port. there must be a work around
    What type of switch are you using?

I keep a TP link 5 port switch in my bag at all times and use it consistently without issues in the same setup. Make sure your XDJ's are all set as different player numbers in their respective settings and ensure your laptop is not connecting to wifi.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I use a d link des108 8 port. I assigned all the players before plugging in the link. They all link together perfect it's just not linking to my PC. It's not connected to the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    I use a d link des108 8 port. I assigned all the players before plugging in the link. They all link together perfect it's just not linking to my PC. It's not connected to the Internet.
    Is Rekordbox in Export mode? If so, you should see the players at the bottom of the screen. You just need to click on them.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I do not own rekordbox DJ or have started the trial so yes it's in export mode. I'm aware of what I should see as it has worked for me for months with 2 players. Normally, I would load rekordbox, turn on my XDJs, then the link button would pop up on the bottom. But now, after linking all 3 players and my PC to my Ethernet switch, the link button does not pop up anymore.

The issue could be with addressing within the switch. Give this little guy a whirl. It's what I use and I know it works.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Ether...=tplink+switch

it could be. id like to think its not. i think im going to go pick up a usb to ethernet to try the same thing with my mac just to see.

I don't think it is stated in the pioneer manuals but there are 2 types of network switches, managed and unmanaged. Maybe yours is a managed type?

In theory adding an unmanaged switch to a router should expand the router.

For my coffin which houses 2 CDJs and a DJM I went a bit overboard and used a Linksys LGS105 5 port switch. It works fine but I never got to trying pro link over a network with just a switch. You may have to use the "share internet connection over ethernet" option in your OS to turn your computer into a router of sorts. I don't have much experience with linking switches directly to computers without a router being on the same network.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific808 View Post
    I don't think it is stated in the pioneer manuals but there are 2 types of network switches, managed and unmanaged. Maybe yours is a managed type?

In theory adding an unmanaged switch to a router should expand the router.

For my coffin which houses 2 CDJs and a DJM I went a bit overboard and used a Linksys LGS105 5 port switch. It works fine but I never got to trying pro link over a network with just a switch. You may have to use the "share internet connection over ethernet" option in your OS to turn your computer into a router of sorts. I don't have much experience with linking switches directly to computers without a router being on the same network.
    great information to know however, mine is stated as unmanaged https://eu.dlink.com/uk/en/products/...thernet-switch

welp i figured it out. thanks to my PC, there was a firewall blocking the connection -_______- thanks windows...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast