Importance of club music for the ladies - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    The move towards grittier harder edge of House/Techno, well NYC have been at the forefront of that for a while since LIES turned up on the scene, ran by ron morelli, as well as new starters like The Bunker, Mutual Dreaming, Proibito, Mister Saturday Night ETC, these are obviously underground labels to a point, LIES the being the biggest of them.
    Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with that. L.I.E.S. are latecomers to the scene, and are more of a lo-fi techno/house/experimental label than anything that could be described as harder edged.

If you want to credit NYC, then credit Adam X and Frankie Bones for pushing that hard edged sound. Elsewhere you had Downwards and Sandwell District. And Surgeon. Biggest influence right now is Berghain sound, labels such as Ostgut Ton, Token, Stroboscopic Artefacts, etc. All of those are pushing a way harder edged sound and have been doing it for far longer. The majority of what L.I.E.S puts out sounds like unfinished demo tracks, or it's just shoegazing noise like Torn Hawk. The gems like the new Voiski or Steve Moore's releases are few and far inbetween, and those aren't really gritty at all; they're retro.

Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against L.I.E.S., but I really wish they would get some quality control (and that goes for all of the lo-fi labels pumping out endless amounts of releases right now.)

Tech Mentor

I've been into underground music for a long long time.

the ladies love the hard stuff..

If you want to hear "dirty" music check out some godfather....

Wait, wait, wait.

You use 50 cent as a shining example of a man who seems to understand women and crafts music for them.

I think you need to have a long hard think about what you've just posted my friend. Music is Music and as the saying goes 'It's Universal'

Maybe you should of entitled the thread ''Why play techno at pool parties?'' which is pretty irrelevant anyway if the kind of music you like is Richie hawtin and you like swimming.
    Last edited by DubluW; 06-24-2014 at 03:39 PM.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Last edited by Patch; 06-25-2014 at 02:13 AM.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by colione98 View Post
    Why is it that a grimey street bully like 50 cents that, has sold millions of units, understands the importance of making music for the ladies at the club. But when it comes to dance music, much, not all, but recently a lot of the underground is just dirty beats? Nothing wrong with getting down but why the fear by the sweaty basement thieves to make a couple danceable joints for the honeys? Music is music right? Why this constant need for dirty beats?

What's with this obsession with the after hours sound at pool side or on a boat at 12 pm in the afternoon?
    i havent gone through the replies just yet but i think ur are missing something that you may have not noticed.

Watch how the crowd goes in a club between boys and girls

when the beats are HARD and instrumental, its all about guys
    but the minute you put a vocal on ANYTHING (not a vocal sample) i mean a full vocal track
    the ladies flood the floor

there is something physiological here that even i have read studies on in the way a male/female brain
    reacts to not only music but words as well

think about it. The adage is that WOMAN USE MORE WORDS THEN MEN in a day right?
    why? because they pay attention to the words. They are emotional (the words are) and so are women.
    But when it comes to physical communication, its all about men.
    We look and read body language MUCH faster and accurately then woman do every time.
    When men communicate to each other we mostly grunt of give gestures and half words.

woman want the whole dam library spoken out.....

see the correlation?

Its not that the music for WOMAN doesnt exist, its there but the NEWER stuff is more man friendly / appealing.

Most men want to hear the NEW beats anyway while a song for a woman can go back decades

one more thing i have to say is the problem most likely as well is the DJ who isnt playing the crowd properly

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    one more thing i have to say is the problem most likely as well is the DJ who isnt playing the crowd properly
    I think his original statement had to do with "any time is a good time for peak time" kind of crowds. It's the same way FM radio is programmed now. It's all based on "time spent listening". Who spends four hours in a club to see your favorite DJ that only comes in the area once or twice a year? (me...that's who). Crowds and DJs have taken the Vegas attitude towards things. "You'll only going to be here a short period of time so we need to make your experience by playing some banging tunes...no matter the hour of the day"...

Not many people like foreplay. I had a friend that years ago used to skip 15 minutes into a mix because "no one wants that intro shit".
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

I just want to go on the record that I LOVE foreplay. Aftplay is pretty good too but it's not for everybody.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    I just want to go on the record that I LOVE foreplay. Aftplay is pretty good too but it's not for everybody.
    what about dorsal?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by antifm
    i havent gone through the replies...
    Quote Originally Posted by antifm
    the minute you put a vocal on ANYTHING (not a vocal sample) i mean a full vocal track
    the ladies flood the floor
    Like I said:

image.jpg

I was kinda joking with the response (language, etc..) but it's true.

Girls LOVE to sing along!!!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast