how to use a cd player

Default how to use a cd player

yes. this is probably a very "noob" question. but who cares. so i have my NDX800 connected via midi. but i want to use music from cds and mix with traktor. how do i do that. Do i need a different soundcard than an audio 2

I don't think the audio 2 has any inputs so you'll need to set a channel input from the NDX's soundcard to use it as a CDJ-type player routed into traktor and setting one channel as a "live input" channel.

However beatmatched effects won't work very well and the NDX has built in effects. You're better off running from the NDX straight to your mixer. Any particular reason why you want to do this? You'll lose all midi functionality of the CDJ and gain nothing. If it's because you want to practice on a "club" set up and beatmatch properly and all that

a) You can do all that in traktor by not using sync
    b) You should just buy a mixer and hook up your NDX's (if you have two) to the mixer and not use traktor at all.

There is no good reason (I can think of) to do what you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    I don't think the audio 2 has any inputs so you'll need to set a channel input from the NDX's soundcard to use it as a CDJ-type player routed into traktor and setting one channel as a "live input" channel.

However beatmatched effects won't work very well and the NDX has built in effects. You're better off running from the NDX straight to your mixer. Any particular reason why you want to do this? You'll lose all midi functionality of the CDJ and gain nothing. If it's because you want to practice on a "club" set up and beatmatch properly and all that

a) You can do all that in traktor by not using sync
    b) You should just buy a mixer and hook up your NDX's (if you have two) to the mixer and not use traktor at all.

There is no good reason (I can think of) to do what you want to do.
    I just have one ndx and i was just wondering because sometimes i think i might use the clubs cds or whatever sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Pabloco View Post
    I just have one ndx and i was just wondering because sometimes i think i might use the clubs cds or whatever sometimes
    I wouldn't worry about it. Keep doing what you do. If you want I would suggest

a) Having 2 CDJ's
    b) Putting your computer off to the side and close the lid a bit so you can't really see what's going on. Just choose your track line up, and keep loading new tracks.
    c)Beatmatch using your mixer and CDJ's without using sync or looking at your laptop for cue points and such.

What mixer are you using with the CDJ?