Is my identity/brand outdated?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Is my identity/brand outdated?

So I am trying to get things up into the next phase of trying to resurrect my DJ career. I've tweaked out the website to something I am liking at the moment (http://www.pariscreative.com), I am starting to design up some new business cards, I am starting to network to see what I can do.

However my wife told me last night when I had her critique my business card she noted that she thought my name was too long (too many syllables) and my logo seemed outdated.

I created the logo about 6 years ago as a 2nd gen logo for my design company. Yep that name was Paris Creative. And my thought that I was going for the name at the time circa 2001 is that I could transpose the company name to any creative endeavor I when through. When I decided that I web design was no longer profitable, I retired that, some time passed, and then I really started to get the itch to get back into DJing (which really never went away).

So that takes me to this point. Is my name too "non-DJ"? Is my logo outdated?
    Last edited by padi_04; 09-03-2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: fixed link
    DJ Lou Paris

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I like the name, not so much the logo. The idea behind the logo is good though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

I like the Logo, but being from Paris myself, "ParisCreative" doesn't sound to me as a Dj name immediatly. It sounds more like an art school stuff... you know what I mean. Maybe you need something more personnal, or at least more unique.

Jack Bastard

I really fail to understand all this business about dj logos (and names to a certain extent). Who ever got booked on their logo?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guillou View Post
    I like the Logo, but being from Paris myself, "ParisCreative" doesn't sound to me as a Dj name immediatly. It sounds more like an art school stuff... you know what I mean. Maybe you need something more personnal, or at least more unique.
    This, the name sounds like a design studio or something. Somehow using the word creative sounds more visual to me. Logo isn't outdated but looks a bit too sober IMHO.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    I really fail to understand all this business about dj logos (and names to a certain extent). Who ever got booked on their logo?
    Probably no one, but it's all about branding. Since I had that logo at the time it seemed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    This, the name sounds like a design studio or something. Somehow using the word creative sounds more visual to me. Logo isn't outdated but looks a bit too sober IMHO.
    Interesting thought. I used to be T-Love (middle name is Theodore). But frankly now that just seems corny.

As for the logo being 'sober' that is an interesting thought. When I was in web and print design my slant was very corporate, clean, flat. I might need to take a leap of faith if I was to go crazy with it.
    DJ Lou Paris

Why not just call yourself 'Theo'?
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Your Web site looks nice but the initial view says nothing about what you are, DJ, remixer, producer and so on... Maybe add a top banner stating this or something similar.

Tech Mentor

I really like the name, actually. Maybe even just because it doesn't sound like a typical DJ name.. Plus the possibility to include various creative aktivities (DJing, producing, maybe design) sounds like an interesting idea to me.

Like the homepage as well.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    Why not just call yourself 'Theo'?
    Actually I went by Theo from 1991-1999 as my given name. My dad and I sounded so similar that I got sick of people confusing us on the phone, and also I disliked just being called Lou. When I met my wife she hated Theo, so I went back as Lou.

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Your Web site looks nice but the initial view says nothing about what you are, DJ, remixer, producer and so on... Maybe add a top banner stating this or something similar.
    I might do a redesign of the site. While this version was focused really just on my mixtapes, I think I might change it up to go in depth.

Quote Originally Posted by TCMuc View Post
    I really like the name, actually. Maybe even just because it doesn't sound like a typical DJ name.. Plus the possibility to include various creative aktivities (DJing, producing, maybe design) sounds like an interesting idea to me.

Like the homepage as well.
    Thanks, that is why I had chosen to go with it in the first place. Something unique, no.

And thanks on the homepage. I wish I could take credit but it's just a word press template I did some slight mods on. It's much cheaper and less time consuming than starting from scratch. But as I noted above I might need to rethink it so I can do more showcasing than just my mixtapes.
    DJ Lou Paris

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast