Need a little help

Default Need a little help

Hello guys
    My first post
    Believe me that i've been reading alot and also watching some youtube videos on this subdject.
    (The majority just talk about what a dj setup should have, not the models that i should go)

I was just on my learning music production journey and suddendly a DJ oportunity came.
    Yes guys, im buying my first dj setup and need your help

I want a mixer and 2 cd plyer
    I have no budget, but the cheaper , the better ( counting with the quality )

If you guys can't name me some, please let me know the functions it should have for a beginner like me, i don't want to already buy like one pioneer super DJ model, i will be lost on so many functions

I prefer to start low but with a good learning start and then be updating my setup...

Thank you guys

Tech Convert

pioneer cdj 200 or 100s nice cheep starter cd decks good quality for price, any mixer will do more you pay more fancier the effects are, alot go for the behringer djx700 nice and cheap i had 1 for ages does the job but aint nothing special, best bet is also 2nd hand on ebay, i hope i was of some help
    Traktor a6, technics 1210's, pioneer cdj800 mk2's, pioneer djm700, midi fighters classic + spectra, macbook pro i5

I recommend a controller but... If you must have CDs grab some used pioneer cdj800 mk2s. Can literally get em for about 500 a pair used. It is a GREAT player. And grab a cheap behringer mixer. It's a good setup to learn on.

Media players, I would take a look at the stanton CMP 800's. reasonable price and full media players. Can also be mapped VERY easily to software. Also take a look at the Reloop players. Really nice also and easy to use. You could also go the pioneer route. Take a look at their range of cdj's. I personally don't think there is any need to use pioneer cdj's but I've used plenty and they feel ok. High end pio's are over priced and used Cdj 800's are extortionate (in Aus anyway).

Mixer wise take a look at the 2 channel mixers to start. Pioneer DJM 200 is a really nice mixer. So is the DJM-T1 (this has a Traktor soundcard inside for if you decide to go down the software route). Also look at the Xone22 and Behringer Nox mixers. I've also heard good things about Numar mixers (think they are the M2 and M3).
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

The guys above me nailed it in a sense... I was in the same boat and took the budget route yet what I have is still relevant with two CDJ 800 MK2's and a Xone 22 all for less than $800... You can also get a DJM 250 in the same price range as well(About $300).

Hell, I see DJM 400's go for less than $200 on Ebay sometimes as well.... When it comes to buying your gear just take your time, don't just buy the first thing you see because you will regret it when you find something nicer two days later. It's all professional end stuff either way for a nice price and learning to mix on these will easily allow you to mix on other platforms.

e/ A lot of people around me that learn to DJ on controllers can't really switch it up gear wise, all they will know is how to use their own setup and that's literally it.. Once you learn a controller with software and then try to mix black and white it's like you're basically trying to relearn how to DJ, some people can't handle it.

So many answers, didn't expected that!
    Thank you guys

Now is up to me research on ebay etc... the models you guys said.
    I may post later what setup i bought!

News,

I loved the behringer mixer, but i need a little help.
    Found one in second hand for 100 euros = 133 USD
    But the description says that the mixer hasn't one booth level button ( what this stand for? )
    Is it a nice deal?

I liked the Pioneer DJM 400 mixer, super small, in terms of effects is it good?
    My concern is that this mixer has only 2 channels ( I don't know much about DJ yet, but also, the most clubs I went the dj uses 2 cdj's only = 2 channels I think )
    Found one for 500 USD second hand

For the cdj's I didn't searched to much, but I saw some cheapers ones, but i was concentrated for the mixers.
    Basically a cdj should have what? ( play pause, cue, a "scratch wheel" and pitch control right? )
    I Couldn't decide between cdj 800 mk2's and the pioneer cdj 200, they are different models and the prices are also different, but since i dont know what a cdj should stand for , i couldn't decide!

Some extra feedback would be good
    Thank you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by alside View Post
    pioneer cdj 200 or 100s nice cheep starter cd decks good quality for price, any mixer will do more you pay more fancier the effects are, alot go for the behringer djx700 nice and cheap i had 1 for ages does the job but aint nothing special, best bet is also 2nd hand on ebay, i hope i was of some help
    I might go for cdj 200 but i didn't decide yet, I don't really know what a cd player should have beside a cue/play pause button and a "scratch wheel" so currently im more focus on the mixer.... Found 2 for 450 Euros = 594 USD
    The cdj 800 is a little expensive, i might go for it on the future, but the lower i start the better

Liked a lot the behringer djx700, found one for 120 euros = 158 USD
    But is 2nd hand and is missing one booth level button (I dont know what it is, important?)
    But as far as mixers I was impressed also by the pioneer djm 400 found one for 400 euros = 528 USD but this mixer has only 2 channels, should i go for it or for the behringer djx700?

Things are like this now:

CD Players: Not sure because i don't really know what a cd player can do! but maybe a cdj 200
    Mixer: Behringer djx700 or pioneer djm 400

I relly don't know what setup should i go since i don't know much about DJing , i just read and read..
    In terms of effects the two mxiers are very different?