come on guys lets get down with 10minmix
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default come on guys lets get down with 10minmix

thinking about entering in the 10minmix comp, anybody want to enter in with me, the january comp is still going on prob gonna make a video tomorrow.

who wants to enter in with me, not enough laptop dj's in there, its either cdj or tts lets make it a lil more diverse
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I think in February I will have my set up together enough, and I might be making multiple ones of these...
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I can't look at youtube at work. What is the 411 on these 10min mixes?

Edit: This isn't the Bali comp is it? I think that's over.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Tech Guru

I am down to enter, never done a teniminmix comp, when is the deadline for the january comp? I only hope I won't give digitaldj'ing a bad name, so maybe I will try to post to the mix here a few times (iteratively revise it) both as a learning process for me and so I don't embarass the community.
    Matt
    I am also in need of a name, thinking of DJ Taita, DJ Arnon or DJ NIKNAK which a friend suggested, possibly even just NIKNAK (but I feel like it is presumptuous to not add DJ, because it says, I am so big I don't need to tell you I'm a DJ) but I do like it best. Can you guys make some suggestions for me?

Go with NIKNAK then. If you can feel comfortable with your persona then you'll want to be it more.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

djxsquizet: thought you were djing in ableton? cause at tenminmix you'll get points subtracted if you don't manually beatmatch - so you ain't gonna win then...

i would be ready to enter the competition, but that's not very nice as i am using traktor pro and sync all my tracks to the master clock...

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

they take off points for not manually beatmatching? But... but we can do so much more
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I think I'll take up the challenge. I'll see what I can put together over the weekend.

Not sure how effective it would be to enter so late in the month. They mention, the earlier you can submit the better your chances are in getting noticed, via by number of views/ratings/comments left on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
    djxsquizet: thought you were djing in ableton? cause at tenminmix you'll get points subtracted if you don't manually beatmatch - so you ain't gonna win then..
    OoO, i didnt know they took off points for that?! new rule i guess.
    Last edited by EYENSEE; 01-22-2009 at 10:46 AM.

Tech Guru

hmm can't beatmatch (much at all, have been working on it) so I can either do it for its own merit (which is fine because I am not entering to win, just for experience), or I can really up my beatmatching practice time this week, and practice with the songs I am going to use. Is it considered improper to rehearse for a tenminmix, are they supposed to be created (not just performed live)? If not I could figure out my tenminmix and then beatmatch the songs I am using in advance. Beatmatching with visuals (and a grid) really isn't that bad. Also I like NIKNAK, butI think I will use DJ NIKNAK also because it feels weird just calling myself NIKNAK (IE. Madonna)

Oh the other thing I was thinking is that since we (digital dj's) largely advocate that beatmatching is unnecessary (except in certain special cases for style) and that not having to do so lets us do more, shouldn't we just use sync and expect to make up points based on the other stuff we can do with the extra time?
    DJ NIKNAK
    Last edited by mpetersen3; 01-22-2009 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Added DJ to NIKNAK, it felt weird after initial posting lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast