A couple issues.
    Tech Wizard

Default A couple issues.

Hey guys, I just got my hands on a VCI-100 arcade and started using the newest TSI file. I have loadedthe TSI/restarted Traktor many times, making sure that the VCI was selected, but i'm experiencing a few weird things I wanted to ask about.
    1) When i use the sampler, the headphone buttons don't really flash to the beat. They do some blinking, but rarely to the beat.Not that I would really ever rely on them based on this function, but it just seems odd.
    2) Sometimes in Fader FX mode, the button will randomly become unlit, but still remain in fader FX mode. If i hit the button twice (turn it off, then back on again) the light comes back, so I don't think it's the LEDs. Occasionally, the volume faders become totally dead, controlling neither the FX or volume. Thoughts on this?
    One last question, more than concern: When i use the dedicated slicer/echo buttons, this will put me out of Fader FX mode correct? Because that's what's been happening.
    Thanks in advance!

Tech Guru

Check what version the .tsi was made for and which version your running. I;ve seen this many of times and it causes issues of like what your describing.

1. If you got to Preferences>Controller Manager>Select your VCI from the drop down menu.

Find the keys named Monitor Cue, but for the outputs. Not the inputs. They will say Out right of the keys name. I would suggest organizing the mapping list by selecting on of the descriptions above the keys (name,mod etc.) it will help you find them easier.

Once you find them adjust the values while using the control to get the desired beat playing flashing you want.

I can't help with 2 or 3 Sorry. Good luck.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colas View Post
    1) When i use the sampler, the headphone buttons don't really flash to the beat. They do some blinking, but rarely to the beat.Not that I would really ever rely on them based on this function, but it just seems odd.
    If the song is low volume or there's not a big bass hit it won't be very distinct. Try what digi said and see if that helps.

2) Sometimes in Fader FX mode, the button will randomly become unlit, but still remain in fader FX mode. If i hit the button twice (turn it off, then back on again) the light comes back, so I don't think it's the LEDs. Occasionally, the volume faders become totally dead, controlling neither the FX or volume. Thoughts on this?
    What version of Traktor and computer specs? If it's PC then you may be overloading with LED send state. Although I did have this happen a few times on my Mac. I think it's just that there's a WHOL LOT of stuff going on and I think Traktor overwhelmed. I could always fix this by turning the VCI off on the back and then turning it back on. Music was never interrupted.

One last question, more than concern: When i use the dedicated slicer/echo buttons, this will put me out of Fader FX mode correct? Because that's what's been happening.
    Thanks in advance!
    It's been awhile since I've sold my VCI, but I think you're correct. There's a pdf walk through in the zip file you get the tsi in that I think talks about that.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Thanks a lot for the replies Deviantdigi and Photojojo.

What is the easiest way to check my firmware? The guy I bought it from said it was 1.4, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was untruthful about this.

Anyway, I followed the steps from Deviantdigi and got better results: Awesome!

As for my setup, Photojojo- I'm running Traktor Pro 1.2.4 on my MBP 2.5 GHz, running 4GB RAM, so hopefully it's nothing spec related.

Tech Mentor

When you use the dedicated slice and echo, the jog wheels will no longer control the effects banks 1 and 2 as they did for Fader FX mode but as soon as you release the button fader FX mode will be reactivated.
    Mixes and Productions on Soundcloud

VCI-100 SE - DJ I/O - MacBook Pro 13" - TMA-1 Headphones

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fellis View Post
    When you use the dedicated slice and echo, the jog wheels will no longer control the effects banks 1 and 2 as they did for Fader FX mode but as soon as you release the button fader FX mode will be reactivated.
    Figured this out, but I appreciate the reply. I'm sure someone else will benefit, though.
    Macbook Pro i7 || Kontrol S4 || Akai LPD8 || Midifighter Classic || Traktor Pro 2