using krk's for 5.1 surround sound
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default using krk's for 5.1 surround sound

Hi guys im looking at completing my home cinema setup with 4 krk rp8s a rp10 and a krk sub.

I am wondering the best way to manage these speakers. got a htpc running ubuntu 30meg install and xbmc so wanna finish it off with amazing sound

Tech Guru

nah not trolling or stupid. just want somthing powerfull and not overly colored like most home theatre systems they also look good

No idea how you would control them. Why one RP10 though?

It would probably sound pretty good.

woah I think all that is a bit of an over kill for home theater.. but if you do, what would be in your studio?!?
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

. . . . 4 krk tops? 1 Sub..... 4.1? O_o
    Besides, thats a bit overkill for home theater and probably not gonna come off as wonderful, it's gonna be LOUD
    Best idea for home entertainment stuff IS an actual home entertainment setup

Tech Guru

in my studio is 2 krk rokit 8's wouldnt want anything bigger dont want to totally screw my hearing up, id use the rp10 on its side as a mid field for the soundbar type thing, obe the sub behind the seating, and the 4 corners with rp8s too give good issolation, thinking of using a bass managment system with an optical or hdmi input

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MelloState View Post
    . . . . 4 krk tops? 1 Sub..... 4.1? O_o
    Besides, thats a bit overkill for home theater and probably not gonna come off as wonderful, it's gonna be LOUD
    Best idea for home entertainment stuff IS an actual home entertainment setup
    sorry might of not made it totally clear 4 rp8s 1 rp10 and also a krk sub not sure which

you want speakers, not powered monitors, for home theatre setup. And a decent amp/receiver that will manage the power between them appropriately for you. You're trying to find software to do something nobody does.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    sorry might of not made it totally clear 4 rp8s 1 rp10 and also a krk sub not sure which
    Even Still
    for starters an RP10 for center... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY overkill since thats mainly used for only voice in movies and games. Also the speakers are extremely directional for optimum hearing. They're meant for studio use, not home entertainment use. I would suggest looking at some other forums dealing with home theater audio. Also THESE MONITORS ARE HUUUUGE!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast