Download the VCI-100SE Mapping (3_6_3) - Page 5

View Poll Results: How Much Do you Like this Mapping?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it

9 24.32%
  • Almost perfect

15 40.54%
  • could be better

13 35.14%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Ok guys, I am going to look into the new glitching issues people are experiencing in the very near future. I also plan to deal with all of the bugs people have mentioned (filter, key, glitch, etc) and change back some of the functionality that we changed in the 3.6 mapping (e.g., the simplified FX section presets, Re-Play on the top layer, etc) to make everyone happy!

So, if you have any requests, bugs, or things you like in the new mapping that are different than before let me know (i.e., post to this thread, PM me, or email me). I will take all of this into account before releasing an update to the VCI-100 mapping.

My Hero! :-)

• I have glitch problems if i press the shift or juggle-buttons.
    • The Play-Buttons get from blue back to green if i press shift or any combination with shift. the deck keeps playing, but on the vci the play button do not show it.
    • and i want the old play/pause button back :-)

Thank you!!
    vestax vci-100se (fw 1.4) - mapping 3.6.4 - audio2dj - pioneer hdj-2000 - traktor pro 1.2.6

Tech Wizard

Things I would like would be:
    1/ Shift + Key to work on the way down instead of resetting at bottom. Also to make it Key On when you move it instead of leaving it Key off.
    2/ Play pause back to previous instead of re-play.
    3/ When I press shift all the button led's blink
    4/ Gain control doesn't work immediately sometimes, you have to give it a waggle.
    5/ Previous chained Fader FX presets

Other than that I am very happy with the updates

Good work
    Macbook Pro 15.4" 2.53Ghz 4Gb 250Gb, Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2.4, VCI-100SE Fw 1.4, TSI 3.6.0, Pro Xfader, Audio 4DJ, 2 x Technics 1210's, 2 x Timecode Vinyl

www.soundcloud.com/djdetta

Personally my preference is for the play/re-play, popular consensus is for play/pause though. Perhaps a quick note in the readme file for those who'd prefer play/re-play so that they can adjust themselves (I'm unsure how simple the change would be though to tell you the truth)

The best way would be to create a form on the MIDI mappings section, on which we choose the Play/Cue mode, as well as if we want to fix the FX route glitch or any other option, then we get the right file generated on submit.

I didn't really look closely how a TSI is structured, but this is certainly possible to do with some TSI and HTML/PHP knowledge.
    Last edited by dros; 10-09-2010 at 11:10 AM.

Tech Wizard

Help I'm Using version 363 with fw 1.3 and I know it has removed outside pitch bend in CD-JOG mode, but it also appears gone in scratch mode too.
    Macbook Pro 15" i7, VCI-100 SE, Traktor Pro, Audio 4 DJ

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Ponke View Post
    Just got my VCI like an hour ago. Mapping is almost perfect, but why not a normal play/pause?
    I agree. I installed this new mapping on another laptop that I took out to a gig last night and learned real quick that this had changed. LOL I will say though it came natural to just try shift+play to get the desired effect. I've since rolled back this morning. Just curious as to why the change? (haven't read the full thread yet. I'll read on to see if this is covered.)

Rolled back to 3.5.2.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    Ok, due to popular demand, attached as the bottom is the latest VCI-100SE mapping (3_6_3, although I still have them all named 3.6.0 in the tsi's) with the Play button switched back to PLAY/PAUSE and Cue Play back to the Shift+Play function.
    Thanx for this. Downloaded and will give a spin later tonight. Is there a repository of all previous mappings?

Tech Wizard

I cant get the outer jog wheels to pitch bend anymore in scratch mode, its this because I still have firmware 1.3? Can anyone help me remap this? IM lost at how to do it.

Thank you
    Macbook Pro 15" i7, VCI-100 SE, Traktor Pro, Audio 4 DJ

Quote Originally Posted by djscribe View Post
    I cant get the outer jog wheels to pitch bend anymore in scratch mode, its this because I still have firmware 1.3? Can anyone help me remap this? IM lost at how to do it.
    You are correct, this is a result of you still using FW 1.3. This was a slight oversight on our part when redesigning the firmware and mapping.

In your case I would recommend finding the 3_5_2 VCI-100 mapping (the newest one before firmware 1.4 was released). Most of the features that changed in 3_6 were to accommodate the new 1.4 firmware.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast