CDJ-2000's "Play" function is very delayed, but ONLY when the other deck is playing
    Tech Wizard

Default CDJ-2000's "Play" function is very delayed, but ONLY when the other deck is playing

hey guys.. i experienced a similar problem a few months ago, and it seemingly disappeared on it's own.. i'm not sure why or how this is happening, but i was hoping that somebody could help me find a solution.. this is what's happening..

-Deck 1 is playing
    -I go to hit "Play" on Deck 2, and the red "NEEDLE" light on the CDJ-2000 Nexus display appears
    -Deck 2 waits about 1-2 additional seconds, then starts to play

ONLY when Deck 1 is completely finished playing, do I gain full functionality back to Deck 2's "Play" function.. now the same problem switches decks, and begins happening on Deck 1..

i'm not sure why this is happening, I haven't made any major changes.. i just want the "Play" feature to work on both decks, as soon as it's pressed, like it should.. any help?

Tech Guru

Are you using Sync?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Are you using Sync?
    yes, but i've used SYNC for months now without having this problem

Tech Guru

Have all the tracks been analysed in and exported from Rekordbox beforehand?

Edit: Also, do you still have the delay problem when Sync is disabled?
    Last edited by makar1; 06-05-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Tech Wizard

Have all the tracks been analysed in and exported from Rekordbox beforehand?

Edit: Also, do you still have the delay problem when Sync is disabled?
    Hey, I looked further into it, and realized that for some reason, my tracks beat grid information is partially missing (see pictures for details).. it seems as if the 3rd white beat line is missing between every red bar line..

i tried clearing and reformatting my USB stick, and also re-analyzing all my tracks in rekordbox.. then exporting all my tracks from rekordbox back to USB, and still keep experiencing the same issue.. please take a look at the picture to see what i mean.. _4U6ngRkIyE9BZKSqQoN6p8iW3CX4zDbZbdEM-RirzU.jpg

Tech Guru

If you zoom into the waveform from within Rekordbox are there any problems with the grid lines there? Does this happen with specific tracks or are all of them like this?

Also, have you checked if the delay problem still happens with Sync disabled? That might help narrow down the issue.

Tech Wizard

If you zoom into the waveform from within Rekordbox are there any problems with the grid lines there? Does this happen with specific tracks or are all of them like this?

Also, have you checked if the delay problem still happens with Sync disabled? That might help narrow down the issue.

when I zoom in on the waveform in rekordbox, everything looks perfect, with all lines visible and present