[Dutch article] If you listen to underground music as a teen, you become a criminal
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default [Dutch article] If you listen to underground music as a teen, you become a criminal

http://www.standaard.be/artikel/deta...30108_00425807

This is an article from a respected Belgian newspaper based on a Dutch study.
    The conclusion is a bit more nuanced then the title of this thread led you to believe but I simply ran out of space.

They say that if you listen to anything else than top 40, classical or jazz as a teen you are far more likely to become a criminal. They directly relate heavy metal, punk, gothic, hiphop, hardhouse, techno and other underground genres to crime.

Bullsh*t.

I'm pretty sure if you listen to Dance music your more likely to go to a club or festival. If you do that you are more likely to try drugs. If you try drugs your more likely to become addicted. If you become addicted your more likely to sell your ass to support your habbit. If your ugly your more likely to steal handbags from little old ladies...

Is that how it went LOL... maybe I should apply for a Government grant to study it, I'm sure if I give them the answer they want so they can create unnecessary fear and blame they will give me some cash.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Hoi ik ben hier in Noord-Holland baas van de mafia, en ik heb Zwitsal als avatar.

Mixcloud | Soundcloud | Facebook | Website(Dutch)

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work - Antifmradio

goed gelachen met dat artikel!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvee View Post
    Hoi ik ben hier in Noord-Holland baas van de mafia, en ik heb Zwitsal als avatar.
    Actually you use zwitsal baby powder as a front to transport and sell cocaine.
    I'm on to you.

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    I'm pretty sure if you listen to Dance music your more likely to go to a club or festival. If you do that you are more likely to try drugs. If you try drugs your more likely to become addicted. If you become addicted your more likely to sell your ass to support your habbit. If your ugly your more likely to steal handbags from little old ladies...

Is that how it went LOL... maybe I should apply for a Government grant to study it, I'm sure if I give them the answer they want so they can create unnecessary fear and blame they will give me some cash.

They don't even mention wich crimes, maybe they counted littering and public urination as crimes as well.

funny.
    i grew up glued to hip hop and rap ( i mean 80s rap) not and 80s hip hop, not that fake ass stuff they call HIP HOP today which is ... rap and Trap music

i own a business
    married a woman who may as well have been the missing brady bunch child
    work a regular job
    never tried drugs
    never smoked
    never drank

guess its biased and unfounded because i can be the living proof.... that it isnt true

Hahahahahahaha, te grappig voor woorden. All I can say without tears of laughter... :')
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Haha!

Ok.

Here's what I have been listen to, from what I can remember:

All the 70's hits. From Abba to Jimmy Hendrix

Jean Michelle Jarre
    Krafwerk

All the 80's hits. From Phill Collins to Tina Turner

Michael Jackson
    Madonna

I even had a short period of time of heavy metal -> Iron Maiden, Slayer etc.

Then came the 90's. My mother always played Enigma
    My first real (Acid) House cd's like 'House Party' and 'Techno Trance' compilations. Never stopt listing to House btw
    Then I had a period of Gansta Rap. After that I got sucked back in to the real Hardcore Gabber scene. (yes, with a bald head and a trainingsuite, 'Australian')
    And after that I got back to Rap & R&B.

Now. Still growing and continiously discover more in House music. My true passion!

So, the conclusion of this al is that I am The Hanibal Lector of this society. According to this article. LOL

*EDIT: Bob Marley
    Last edited by Manolo008; 01-08-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    DJ Kontrol S2 || Traktor 2.6 || MBP 15" 16G Retina || MACKIE MR5 MKII ||

Prod. PC Duo Core || 22" LG || Ableton Live 9 || AKAI MPK mini

Geen Cavello's, ouwe?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast