Help with party set-up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help with party set-up

Hi guys,

In February I will be playing at a large house party (approx 200 people) its a big house and I want to smash it.

I have my usual set up i.e. Macbook pro, S4, Midi fighter classic etc. However I need some recommendations as to what size sound system I would need and where to get it from. What will sound the best for my style (I play house, tech house, trance and a bit on Dnb).

I am in UK so I guess you Americans won't be able to help me too much on this one. Maybe something like this:

http://www.truesoundhire.co.uk/packa...-package-large

Any help appreciated.
    Soundcloud - Check it out

Macbook Pro 13" - Numark Mixtrack Pro - MidiFighter

That set up is going to be an over kill for a house party. All you would need are 2 main cabinets. I would suggest JBL PRX615M or EV ELX115P and just one 18" sub. maybe a JBL PRX618S

You may even be able to get away with just the main cabinets and no sub. In a house environment, you will have a lot of wall in which the sound bounces off. Less is more and will sound cleaner. Also people absorbs sounds, so get stands for your speakers. I would point them at a wall.
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

That setup would work for 200 people in a single room. But if you try and crank it out to 200 people scattered around a large house you'll just end up with an annoying 'boom boom boom' in every other room and a dancefloor of people with hearing damage.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Right so you think too much bass involved with them subs?

Hmm, maybe more speakers and one sub then?

^ Cheers for thread jack Lulz

Tech Guru

have you not thought about buying a pa system. you wont be able to get the best however you will get somthing that will do the job for 300 quid if your a smart shopper ps im in the uk

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    have you not thought about buying a pa system. you wont be able to get the best however you will get somthing that will do the job for 300 quid if your a smart shopper ps im in the uk
    I doubt you can get anything decent that would work well for 200 people with a sub for that

Quote Originally Posted by Chamix View Post
    Right so you think too much bass involved with them subs?

Hmm, maybe more speakers and one sub then?

^ Cheers for thread jack Lulz
    Definitely not too much bass and they aren't huge subs, if you are really expecting 200 people that is a lot of people and you will need more sound than you expect depending on how much bass you want.

Yeah that would work for one room and be a pretty solid bet. If you want to take it to the next level and have more than you need there's this: http://www.truesoundhire.co.uk/packa...-sound-package

But really just go with what you first posted unless you can find another rental place that rents something comparable but a little better.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 12-01-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Yeah that would work for one room and be a pretty solid bet. If you want to take it to the next level and have more than you need there's this: http://www.truesoundhire.co.uk/packa...-sound-package
    This would blow my head off! I like

A few blown eardrums never hurt anyone...right?

redacted for being irrelevant…ignore lists are cool.
    Last edited by mostapha; 12-01-2011 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    How many times are you going to cross-post the same text?
    So rude...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    I doubt you can get anything decent that would work well for 200 people with a sub for that

Definitely not too much bass and they aren't huge subs, if you are really expecting 200 people that is a lot of people and you will need more sound than you expect depending on how much bass you want.

But really just go with what you first posted unless you can find another rental place that rents something comparable but a little better.
    Your fist setup is more than enough for what you're trying to do... I recently rocked a party in a large house for about 250 people in one room with 2 SRM-450's and one Mackie 18" sub... direct radiating.. not the one you posted.. it was more then enough.... sometimes louder isn't better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast