Does iPhone 6 really bend?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Does iPhone 6 really bend?

For users only, no joke PLEASE.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gotzeus View Post
    For users only, no joke PLEASE.
    If you are 180lbs, stick it in your back pocket and sit on a step or bench the wrong way, yes it will bend - its not that "bendy" compared with others, but due to the chassis being aluminum its less likely to pop back into shape afterwards like a plastic case.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2014/09/c...ble-video.html

Tech Guru

That said, I'm sure Apple will replace it for you if it does bend.

It seems to only really affect the iPhone 6+, not the iPhone 6 as much.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Anything will bend if you apply enough force. I have one, it's fine. If you are really worried about it, put it in a case that makes it tougher like a candyshell, lifeproof or an otterbox. I have the candyshell, it's quite nice but it gets scratches (better the case gets them than the phone imho). I've not tried the other two so I can't comment on how they compare.

Tech Wizard

My iPhone 5 bent... my iPhone 6 already has a slight bend to it. I kept my iPhone 5 in a hard rubber case, my iPhone 6 is in a case with a hard back. The reason both phones have bent is that I keep my phone in my back pocket most of the time. I've been more careful with the 6, but it still happens. Would it keep me from buying one again? Nope. IMO they are still better. Part of owning an iPhone is knowing that they are pretty and need to be protected.

Tech Wizard

Well, Ima not gonna put it in my back pocket, and yeah no 6+ btw. So would it be just fine? I'm not really into cases though.

Tech Guru

Yes
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Gotzeus View Post
    Well, Ima not gonna put it in my back pocket, and yeah no 6+ btw. So would it be just fine? I'm not really into cases though.
    You should be fine. Up to you on the case. I've seen more cracked screens and other problems in my lifetime to ever go without a case (I used to sell phones for awhile). It may not be as "sexy" but you aren't paying full retail (650+) or insurance (150+) to have the phone replaced when you look at it wrong.

i picked one up just last week, was worried about what id heard but once i got it out the box i was suprised with the build quality and any fears were soon put to rest, ive had each iphone since they have been out and this one looks the best yet

Tech Convert

Sadly it does. My bro has a 6, I have a 6+ , and after a while it did bend. NOW, I'm not saying it bent like 45 degrees. When you looked at it you couldn't even tell that it had bent. The ONLY way you could tell that it was bent was when you put it down on a flat surface and pressed down on the opposite side it would act like a seesaw. One side goes down, the other comes up. Does this change my mind of Apple and their amazing products? No. Did it change my brother's mind? No. He took it back to the store and they replaced it. Granted he had Apple Care. Now, I've had my + since the launch, and it hasn't bent. Granted I take it out of my pocket (front pocket) when I sit down anywhere. You just need to treat things with care. The way he thinks it happened was he forgot to take his out of his pocket (also front) and as he was sitting he adjusted the way he was sitting and he felt a lot of pressure on it. Also we're in AZ. It's really hot here... Any metal (in this case, Aluminum) when put in hot weather becomes "moldable". So that is also something to think about. So there is my little experience with bending iPhones.
    DDJ-SX2 : Ableton Push : Maschine (Mikro) 2.2 : MF3D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast