Audio 4 + Vinyl HELP
    Tech Convert

Default Audio 4 + Vinyl HELP

Hi! i just have a question maybe stupid but i couldn't find the answer anywhere so here i am

I use traktor scratch w/ Audio 4 but i also play Vinyl Records, if i buy a multicore cable can i play both vinyl and timecode by switching the phono/line in my mixer without having to disconect any cables at all? like u do with an Audio 8?

Thanks for the help in advance

Tech Convert

never mind i can't thnks anyway

Yes you can - you don't even need a multicore cable, you can just get a couple of "Y" splitters.

You'll need 4 in number (2 for each deck). Send one pair (L+R) to your A4, and the other pair (L+R) to your mixer. Just flip the selector to PHONO when you want to play vinyl, and LINE when you'r using timecode.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

but if i do that i can't hear in STEREO quality, only mono. turntables are stereo u have to send L+R to the mixer, if u send L to mixer and R to audio 4 u get mono. right?

Quote Originally Posted by timcarton View Post
    but if i do that i can't hear in STEREO quality, only mono. turntables are stereo u have to send L+R to the mixer, if u send L to mixer and R to audio 4 u get mono. right?
    No club I have ever played at in 10+ years is wired for stereo, dont worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by timcarton
    You've got it all wrong, mate! What you do, is split the TT L into 2 L's, and the TT right into 2 R's. Then take one of each (L&R), and route INTO your mixer, and the other one of each, and route into your A4.

Twin Stereo, and you're golden.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

wait!

just chose "external audio" in the track deck in traktor and go for it.

the timecode signal and the normal vinyl signal both should go in you phono channel!

(did i miss something here?)

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by derschaich View Post
    wait!

just chose "external audio" in the track deck in traktor and go for it.

the timecode signal and the normal vinyl signal both should go in you phono channel!

(did i miss something here?)
    yeah but this way you are required to have a computer hooked up... the other way they are talking about you don't need a computer hooked up...