S4 and Maschine in Traktor
    Tech Wizard

Default S4 and Maschine in Traktor

Alright so this is driving me crazy. I have been looking up, and down google, youtube and anything else I can find to try and get an answer to this.

So I want to get an S4 controller, and use in tractor. I also have the Maschine. Now before you answer and say that you muse midi sync to do this hear me out. I'm not looking to control Maschine and Traktor at the same time.

What I want to be able to know if it is possible is use Maschine to launch cue points why using S4 as the controller to mix and everything else. Almost like you see the videos with Crazy on the turntables, I want to know if this is possible to do with the two NI controllers?

Also whats the best way to do it?

Tech Wizard

Some one has to have both pieces of gear, and know it this is possible or not.......

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Totally possible. To do this, you'll need to map your maschine for hotcues.

Tech Mentor

Exactly what Stewe said... go into Controller Editor, make a new map, import it into maschine, enter midi mode, launch traktor, import tsi mapping file for new controller then enjoy.
    Traktor SP2 | Audio 10 DJ | DJM 800 Rotary | 1200 M3D's | Shure M44G's | NI Kontrol X1 | KRK RP8's | Ableton Live 8 | M-Audio FW 410 | Akai MPK 61 | NI Kontrol S4|

MY MIXES: Mixcloud TWITTER: DjScottMichael

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JDFunk View Post
    Some one has to have both pieces of gear, and know it this is possible or not.......
    U actually don't need to map. I have the s2 and the mikro. The default midi template that comes with maschine already has the first or second group assigned as cue points for deck a and b. from what I remember u just need to make sure traktor reads it as a controller in controller manager and ensure maschine is in midi mode. I have it and its very convienant! Let us know how it goes

DJTT Mapping Psycho

Got a nice Maschine mapping you can try.
    Works great with s2/s4/midi fighter and TouchOSC
    It has multiple cue points per deck, instant gratification, remix decks and more..

https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/448

Tech Wizard

does it control all remix decks or just the four slots?

DJTT Mapping Psycho

Just the four slots, currently only the Kontrol F1 and Midi Fighter 3D have full remix deck controls. As soon as Traktor allows other devices too, I will update the mapping.