Novation Remote Zero SL vs. US-33e

Default Novation Remote Zero SL vs. US-33e

Hey, I've been on so many forums in the past few days looking for what new controller to get. It's been very annoying.

So I've been using vinyl with Serato Scratch Live for 6 months or so, and I want to get a controller to use with it. I've talked to a vendor, and some friends, and I've come down to

- Evolution UC-33E
    - Novation Remote Zero SL

(I was thinking about Stanton SCS.3D, but it seems too weird for me)

The key is I don't plan on going to CDs any time soon, and I eventually want to use it solely with Ableton (while staying around $200). What's your advice?

Thanks

Tech Mentor

well i would say go with the novation ou have a lots of knobs too,faders,drums pads...i really love the automap feature and more

Personally, I am more partial to the UC-33E. (Probably an emotional decision; because it could be a BCR with added faders)
    Than again, the remote zero's cool too, if you look what could be done with it!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Ok, I'm leaning towards just getting the Novation but I haven't been able to find somewhere to explain how it is used with Serato. But I see a ton of things on how the Stanton SCS.3D works. That's a big deal for me. Anyone?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Mix View Post
    Ok, I'm leaning towards just getting the Novation but I haven't been able to find somewhere to explain how it is used with Serato. But I see a ton of things on how the Stanton SCS.3D works. That's a big deal for me. Anyone?!?!
    You have to assign the controllers yourself, its really up to you how it will work with Serato. You might want to get something cheap to start with as you learn the midi functionality before deciding what you will want to buy that will be suited to the midi functionality that is offered.

The SCS.3d is very much just best used accesorry to existing equipment.

If i remember reading correctly alot of the buttons on the UC-33 dont send midi messages, so you might want to keep that in mind. Its still a pretty cool device though - id probably go the Novation peronally - its got lots of different midi controls on it that are imporant for being able to control a variety of different midi functions in a number of different ways. Its pretty imporant to pick something with a bit of variety in what midi controls it has on it.