Traktor controller editor demystified - help?
    Tech Student

Default Traktor controller editor demystified - help?

Hey friends,

I've decided to get off my ass and try to make sense of editing my controller in the Traktor controller editor. I'll admit I'm a complete newb to this and it just looks daunting.

I've spent the evening looking for some sort of support or tutorial and I'm getting no luck.

Indidently after giving up my search I tried a few of the mappings for my controller (Numark Stealth) and none of the .tsi's I want work.

What am I doing wrong and is there a controller editor 101 for dummies out there somewehre?

The manual is a good place to start for that. Traktor Bible is also pretty good on the topic if you find the manual isn't cutting it, but that really is the place to get started. There's some videos on youtube as well; here's a real basic one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMG4uOxNhkQ

I understand how you feel. I thought the same thing when I first started.

First read the manual on importing TSI's, and backing up/exporting your TSI's. And selecting the midi ports, etc. You must know these things first.

The video listed above is also a good start, and here are 2 more
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQjJsi2nPJ0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw9Y5gikiKc

There is also a ton of info on the DJTT blog and in the mapping forum (search older posts in both). Also search the Native Instruments Forums.

The Traktor Bible is an invaluable resource for mapping (and everything Traktor of course)

These are what taught me almost everything about mapping that I know. Also a lot of trial and error. Just start with a clean slate, map something see if it works, figure out why it does or doesn't and then map something else.

Once you get some basic mapping down, then check this thread in the mapping forum where there are some more mapping tips, etc. And my youtube channel has some FX mapping videos.

It will take time. After awhile things will start clicking. Then you will try modifiers and be befuddled again for a bit. But once again things will begin to click.

The references mentioned are the place to go. Also, start on a clean sheet (backup everything first) and go from mixer options to more complicated stuff. Simply check out what every function does and write it down in a spreadsheet.

When you find a way to broaden the editpanel let me know, God I find that fixed frame the stupidest thing ever in Traktor!
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

FAQ link in my sig will have some info

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Hangedman View Post
    Hey friends,

What am I doing wrong and is there a controller editor 101 for dummies out there somewehre?
    Can I borrow it when you are finished please?

Tech Guru

It is a learning process, take your time and start with a clean .tsi (no keys) until you get the hang of things.

Add ins:

Find your desired input in the add in menu.

Learn the add in key.

Edit what you want it to do it the option (Button Direct value or Encoder relative)

Modifiers. Modifiers work as a gate, a specific value must be entered to allow the key to operate. You learn the mod/add in and set a value. You can either have it set to direct, which will input that value until a modiferi on the same group inputs another values. For example M7=1 and M7=2 will affect each other. M1=1 and M2=1 will not. You do not set the value of the modifier at the top where you may see the options for M1-M8.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Example, say you want chained effect 1's amount to set to a certain amount, off when a button is pressed using modifiers.

Add in chained effects amount 1, learn the key to a button. set it to direct and enter the value. 0=off or down .500=half 1.0=full

add in a modifier 1, value 1 and set it to hold in the options.

Now go back and edit the options of the chained effects 1 key to M1,1 where the modifiers option are.

Now chained effects amount 1 will activate when the mod is depressed and the button for effects 1 is pressed.

You can email me deviantdigi@hotmail.com if you have any questions. Be specific.

Tech Student

Thanks a ton guys, Going to devour this today.