Traktor Kontrol S2 DJTT Challenge Video!!
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor Kontrol S2 DJTT Challenge Video!!

Hey DJTT!!! Dj Kave here with my Traktor Kontrol S2! I saw the article about the challenge for Dj's with the controller, so i figured why not enter! I've had the S2 since it came out on October 1st, and I'm really loving the custom mappings! I've been experimenting with both the mappings and some other unique combinations (videos of that coming soon).

Anyway, please watch the vid and leave me a comment or a like! Thanks everybody! I still want those custom knobs DJTT!! lol. Btw, if you want to here a lil more of my sounds my soundcloud is www.soundcloud.com/djkave

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avlFrhn2Vz0
    15 inch macbook pro - Traktor Kontrol S2 - Stanton T-60's - Traktor Audio 10
    I'm Dj Kave Check me out : )
    Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/djkave
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/djkavex Fan Page : )

That sounded like a sweet routine - I think. The built in mic on your camera isn't that great, especially in that reverby room.

You could've recorded the output in Trakor, then put if over the video when you edit it all up.

But all in all, looks like a sweet way of using the mapping! I just want the S4 mapping to be released....
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by jezalenko View Post
    That sounded like a sweet routine - I think. The built in mic on your camera isn't that great, especially in that reverby room.

You could've recorded the output in Trakor, then put if over the video when you edit it all up.

But all in all, looks like a sweet way of using the mapping! I just want the S4 mapping to be released....
    Oh i recorded it! I'm just not the best when it comes too some of the visual software. So me trying to match it up with the video wasn't working out haha.

Damn, I wouldn't mind it being not synced with the video. Not liking the quality of sound. From what I can hear though, its pretty good! Never Thought I would hear this song remixed

Tech Mentor

Mad respect. I always contemplated using wonderwall. Great job.

Thumps up. i like this kind of mixing style. well done.

Mac Book Pro 13'', Traktor S4, MidiFighter Classic, MidiFighter 3D

Tech Mentor

upload the mp3 version of the song xD i can't listen very well to this!!

Tech Mentor

Ok Ill upload the mix on soundcloud and link it here so everyone can here the better quality! Sorry about the poor quality on the vid, i just tried too sync it several times on the video editing software, and it wasn't syncing too the way that it would look pleasing, or real for that matter. Ill most def upload it today though!

somehow my comment didnt come thru..

i dont like the sound neither..

and (without hating): did you just play the figure remix of wonderwall and put fx on it.. cant see anything else in the vid..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    somehow my comment didnt come thru..

i dont like the sound neither..

and (without hating): did you just play the figure remix of wonderwall and put fx on it.. cant see anything else in the vid..

Hey,

It was Figure's remix edited with a little flavor of my own. I added a drum kit with MASCHINE (its not featured in the video). In that drum kit was a couple xtra kicks and some snares. Then it was recorded and mixed with the S2 and the cool jog wheel effects. I kno the sound is shitty : ( I'm editing the recording of it right now on AL too upload it on soundcloud. What really sucks though, is that I actually forgot too start the recording before I started (you can see me in the vid press the record button on Traktor lol) so im trying to figure out how to mix both of these audio recordings together so they sound nice haha.

For my next vid I was planning on using the MASCHINE and a couple other added MIDI instruments too make something cooler. This video was just demonstrating the S2 for the DJTT article.
    Last edited by Dj Kave; 11-23-2011 at 09:31 PM.