Let's have a chat... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    The only person who decides what you buy is you. The end.
    Dear Mr. cut and dry,

It's a big time hassle to buy a single track at a time from beatport.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Mentor

No. I shop around. I usually try to buy from the label first. Buyi g directly from the label puts more money in their pocket and the prices are usually much better.

1. Label
    2. Surus
    3. Digital Tunes
    4. Beatport

Tech Mentor

I find it funny most EPs are like only .03c cheaper than buying individual tracks. I have yet to find an "album only" track I like. Usually there is maybe 1 or 2 tracks on an EP I like and the rest is just filler.

I bought a full LP off Traxsource to get a song once. I just looked on beatport and they have it individually. Oh well, the LP is actually pretty solid.

There are a few songs that if I saw them I'd snap up an entire LP's worth of digital files for them, or a whole CD, etc. At this point, St. Etienne's Only Love Can Break Your Heart - the Masters At Work Dub is one of those songs. It's the only one I can really thin of at this point...
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

I find it strange when tracks on CDs have not made it to MP3. Alot of the early hed kandi is like that. So were the MTV amp series. I had to buy and rip the CDs.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    Dear Mr. cut and dry,

It's a big time hassle to buy a single track at a time from beatport.
    I don't know what labels you buy from but I've seen maybe two cases of a track that I wanted being solely available on an entire album. Even when it says album only, you'll often find releases where it's possible to buy it as a single track. And then there's the additional possibility to shop around in other stores.

And so what if you are restricted to buying the album every once in a while instead of the track? Just don't buy it. There will be plenty of other single tracks that you will be able to buy without the rest of the release.

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    I don't know what labels you buy from but I've seen maybe two cases of a track that I wanted being solely available on an entire album. Even when it says album only, you'll often find releases where it's possible to buy it as a single track. And then there's the additional possibility to shop around in other stores.

And so what if you are restricted to buying the album every once in a while instead of the track? Just don't buy it. There will be plenty of other single tracks that you will be able to buy without the rest of the release.
    Sir,

I think you missed my point. I cannot just click and buy one record at a time on beatport. If I do I have to empty my cart into my hold bin and buy one track at a time. I am not sure if the dscount codes are good for more than one use. I know some of them are one time shots. On itunes if I like a track I can just click and buy it on demand.

comprende?

Tech Mentor

Are you using Mac or Win?

If you're on Mac, just get Beatport Pro. It let's you have several carts besides your main cart, so you don't have to put things in your hold bin in order to purchase just one track.

Tech Mentor

Well of course you have to empty the rest of your cart if you want to buy one at a time. How else are you going to buy multiple tracks? I'm not familliar with buying from itunes so I can't comment on that one. I know most general discount codes are good for multiple uses (15off, mixmag ones, etc), but of course there may be exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by TCMuc View Post
    Are you using Mac or Win?

If you're on Mac, just get Beatport Pro. It let's you have several carts besides your main cart, so you don't have to put things in your hold bin in order to purchase just one track.
    all the cool stuff is always just for mac...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast