Building remix sets with maschine??

Default Building remix sets with maschine??

Does anyone use Maschine/Mikro to build their remix sets and then transport them into traktor? I have a F1 but it seems like it would be easier and more accurate to use maschine?
    The main thing I will use the remix decks (for now) is to build intro/outro's for songs that dont have them (mostly hip hop) using the drums, bass and random one shot samples.
    Any help or insight would be great.

Both Maschine and Remix deckss are useful for the way I work. When swing control is an important factor, I use Maschine (synced) ... for track loops/breaks Remix decks are handy. Maschine is also good for creating custom, ready to go Remix sets. There is so much scope to create your own sound and workflow, I'd just try all the possibilities and see what floats your boat. I like a combination of both. I also use my F1 extensively as a MIDI controller for track deck hotcues and filters. Also, Maschine is working hard as a MIDI controller for Traktor. Both are great tools and both have their individual frustrating limits ... hence why it's good to have the two. The full size Maschine racks up very nicely alongside FI, X1 (having exactly the same profile) it looks like one big unit ... the extra screen area and knobs are very handy.
    Last edited by Scaper7; 07-27-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgripp81 View Post
    Does anyone use Maschine/Mikro to build their remix sets and then transport them into traktor? I have a F1 but it seems like it would be easier and more accurate to use maschine?
    The main thing I will use the remix decks (for now) is to build intro/outro's for songs that dont have them (mostly hip hop) using the drums, bass and random one shot samples.
    Any help or insight would be great.
    With Maschine, you could slice up and rearrange your hip hop stuff into loops to use as intros (like you described) pretty easily. The Maschine software allows you to drag and drop audio to other software (like Traktor) so if you like that workflow, it goes pretty quickly. Maschine has much more rich sampling options and audio editing than Traktor does, so you'll be happy.

It doesn't sound like you're talking about finger drumming (think Jeremy Ellis / Araabmuzik), but if you'd like to do that, Maschine is the better choice than F1s for sure. It works well with hip hop.

As always, Maschine mk2 > original Maschine > Mikro mk2 > Mikro