Releasing a Scratch on Beat...any advice???

Default Releasing a Scratch on Beat...any advice???

I'm trying to learn to scratch, but my problem is trying to figure out how and when to release the track on beat after the scratch. Looking for any help out there?

Practice. All the best scratchers and turntableists put in years of work to get where they are.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Practice. All the best scratchers and turntableists put in years of work to get where they are.
    +10

It aint easy bein steezy.

Watch the DJ Angelo Scratch Tutorial series. Its free and legit!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Sounds to me like you've jumped straight in and tried to scratch without learning to mix first. learning to mix will give you an understanding of the structure of music, after that you'll know instinctively when to release a scratch...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Count!!!

If you are just doing a babyscratch over the beat of a track you can count the beats and scrub/baby scratch. 1 (scrub); 2 (scrub); etc.

Obvioulsy this is not scratching....but it will get you moving the platter on beat so you can release on beat. When you are ready to move a little faster cut the numbers in half and do TWO scrubs. It should sound like this: 1 AND 2 AND 3, etc. you should be be babyscratching on the number and the word AND. If you keep this rhythm in your head with numbers and words on beat it will make it much easier. Eventually you will just drop beats on the 1 with no prob. It does take practice to make it second natured and really why many respect the use of turntable.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

It helps to release the record at the speed the platter is moving.

Tech Guru

You can't read about push-ups and the same applies to scratching. Obviously you can watch videos on techniques but after that put in the work. It's all muscle memory.