Traktor Issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traktor Issue

Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Issue

Traktor Pro 2 has been a frustrating experience. Every time I update it to a new version it screwed up. Before when I upgraded I opted to transfer my collection from a previous version and the settings. Every time I did this when I tried to launch Traktor it took hours to open.

So fast forward to today. I saw there is an emergency update to Traktor 2.6.7 so I downloaded it from the service center. When I opened Traktor I selected not to move my collection & settings because I was afraid if I did that Traktor would glitch out again. Well at least opened this time with no delay. Now it crashed when I add my music collection. When I was in the tree node I right clicked on track collection and I selected import music folders. Now it crashes and reports a log, I'm going to send it to Traktor. Hopefully this time they have a resolution, my last issue they never gave me a solution to the problem.

For how many people that make fun of Virtual DJ it is light years ahead of Traktor with stability issues. All my BPM's analyze and it doesn't matter if the mp3 was once on the C drive then went to an external back on a C drive. It pulls up larger music folders at a much faster rate.

I like Traktor because of the effects and remix decks but it is such a pain in the ass. I'm a mobile DJ and I love the creativity of Traktor but the cruise "auto dj" sucks. For wedding receptions I put together the cocktail hour and dinner music on autoplay. It is weird because depending on what player the music is on if you turn off autoplay sometimes the music stops. I know the work around but it's still frustrating.
    Last edited by stuie66; 01-21-2014 at 09:57 PM.

Tech Mentor

I've never heard anyone else have that problem except you.

You could be having an issue with one of your tracks, or some of your other software.

Tech Wizard

Yeah I know this issue is isolated to me and it has to be a bad track or something. It only f's up when I upgrade and Native Instruments would rather ignore me because it's an isolated issue so they don't care. At least this time it's creating a crash log, maybe they can figure it out with the crash report. I'm going to try it again and watch the tracks on the bottom. Maybe it will crash on the same song every time. I hope so then I can figure out the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by no_rex4u View Post
    I've never heard anyone else have that problem except you.

You could be having an issue with one of your tracks, or some of your other software.
    Agreed. Never had any issues with Traktor. This is only the second emergency update EVER since Traktor was released, and it was done quickly to fix a (serious) bug that actually affected very few people. Sorry about your frustrations, but my experience has been quite the opposite. Rock solid.

Is your computer up to spec? usually the main cause of crashes in an isolated incident is running out of memory, but VDJ's browser is much better and faster than traktors as it's in an external non encrypted xml format. Traktor has to decrypt everything first.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Wizard

Computer.jpg
    It should be?

Tech Wizard

I deleted Somebody that I Used to Know m4a and it didn't crash. That file must have been corrupted, maybe that file was the reason for my previous issue too? Damn Gotye!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stuie66 View Post
    Traktor Pro 2 has been a frustrating experience. Every time I update it to a new version it screwed up. Before when I upgraded I opted to transfer my collection from a previous version and the settings. Every time I did this when I tried to launch Traktor it took hours to open.
    Then you have a corrupt track/tracks in your collection. This is not the fault of Traktor.
    You may have a corrupt traktorsettings.tsi. This can be caused by many things. Just trash the file and start a new one, I can give yoy more on that if you need it.

So fast forward to today. I saw there is an emergency update to Traktor 2.6.7 so I downloaded it from the service center. When I opened Traktor I selected not to move my collection & settings because I was afraid if I did that Traktor would glitch out again. Well at least opened this time with no delay. Now it crashed when I add my music collection. When I was in the tree node I right clicked on track collection and I selected import music folders. Now it crashes and reports a log, I'm going to send it to Traktor. Hopefully this time they have a resolution, my last issue they never gave me a solution to the problem.
    This clearly demonstrates that you have corrupt tracks. A new version isn't going to fix existing issues with corrupt tracks or settings.tsi.

For how many people that make fun of Virtual DJ it is light years ahead of Traktor with stability issues.
    This my friend is utter bullshit...apologies for being so direct but it's statements like this that piss VDJ users off when Traktor users say VDJ is not stable.
    9 years using Traktor 3 - 7 nights a week, every week and not a single live crash. The only 2 crashes I've had with Traktor have been a corrupt mp3 and user error (i loaded an 11 hour playlist onto a deck and Traktor just flipped out).

If you have a crash log you should file a Support ticket and attach the Crash Logs. They can look at it and/or they can send you a tool to perform 'Extended Logging' and this will narrow down the cause of the crash. For me it pin pointed the exact track that was crashing my collection import.

Traktor doesn't 'just crash', something causes it. The vast majority (in my experience) of users that have constant crashes have hardware issues or they have music collections that have been torrented/shared and are full of junk. It might just be one junk track, it could be loads.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I deleted Somebody that I Used to Know m4a and it didn't crash. That file must have been corrupted, maybe that file was the reason for my previous issue too? Damn Gotye!
    Ah... I was righting my post when you posted this.
    Glad it's sorted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast