Hacking a "Hybrid" mixing mode into Traktor?
    Tech Mentor

Default Hacking a "Hybrid" mixing mode into Traktor?

I may be alone in this, but I feel limited by the fact that I can't use the Volume faders in external mixing mode.

This should be an easy hack... just edit a 0 to a 1 in the "Traktor Settings.tsi"

I opened the .tsi up in notepad and verified that it's pretty straight forward to read/edit. I just was wondering if anyone has done this and if I can use their .tsi before I go edit my own... anyone?

Also, do you see a problem with this method?

Tech Guru

The very reason External mode exists is so you can use hardware faders. Why do you want the Traktor ones too?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

I use timecode with 2x TTX and a Nuo 2.0 for decks A/B. I want to use my Stanton ScS 3d-3m on a stand above the mixer for decks C/D. I don't want a four channel mixer because I want to have a small mixer footprint for beat juggling. Make sense now?
    Last edited by Phi; 07-06-2014 at 12:48 PM.

Tech Guru

Do you use 2 full track decks on C+D in addition to your turntable juggling?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Do you use 2 full track decks on C+D in addition to your turntable juggling?
    Obviously not since it isn't currently supported.

Would I enjoy doing a routine that incorporates it? Yes, very much.

I would be instant doubling to C/D to free up my timecode decks for scratching/juggling a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Phi
    Obviously not since it isn't currently supported.
    Is it not?

Actually, Phi, it sound slike you'll want to be doing something that I've recently done. I have a toggle switch on my Zomo MC-1000 (it's combined with a modifier from the stock MC-1000 mapping), that toggles timecode control between A & C, and B & D.

There is a thread about it here:

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=76597

I've also managed to have the toggle switch toggle which decks my Novation Dicers are controlling. So, when Deck A is under timecode control, the dicers affect Deck A, and when Deck C in under timecode control, the dicers affect Deck C. It works great.

It's the equivalent of having 4 timecode decks,and 4 dicers.

What audio interface are you using, and where will you route the audio from Decks C & D? Will BOTH be routed to the 3rd channel on the NUO 2?
    Last edited by Patch; 07-06-2014 at 12:18 PM.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Sorry Patch, but I did that thread a year before you... you even commented in it.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=50695

and in this case I would still like to have physical control of two decks with midi and two decks physical... plus it's a challenge, and I love problem solving. Not sure why you guys are so against finding a new method of DJing here... weird /s jk

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    What audio interface are you using, and where will you route the audio from Decks C & D? Will BOTH be routed to the 3rd channel on the NUO 2?
    Audio8, and Yes, that's why I need a Hybrid mixing mode... so i can use the volume faders in tracktor WITH the ones on my Nuo because I'm running 4 decks through 3 channels.

Sounds like you're gonna have to revert to that old, tried and tested method...

Trial and error.

Just make a back-up of your existing .tsi, and hack away, mate!

Good luck to you, Phi. It does seem strange that certain midi controls are disabled when in external mode.

I've toyed with the idea of routing 4 channels out of Traktor, straight into Ableton (Jack Router? VAC?), then out to the DJ mixer from there. But my processor won't handle it. And, like you, I like to (well, I try to) juggle - so the latency between Traktor and Ableton would have to be so low as to not effect the timecode control...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj