Need help with Vestax Typhoon and Traktor!!!
    Tech Student

Default Need help with Vestax Typhoon and Traktor!!!

Hi there, I am very new to DJing and was wondering if anyone can help me.

I recently bought a Vestax Typhoon for mixing.
    I then wanted to start recording mixes so I got Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2.1 but I cant seem to get the Typhoon to respond. There is sound and when I push any button on the Typhoon, the midi light in Traktor lights up.
    Does the Typhhon work with Scratch Pro??

Also I can only get sound from either the headphones or from my computer speakers but not both at the same time..I'm sure it's just a few settings I have to change, but I have no idea how to get it to work!

Please Help!!!!

Thanks

Hi there,

Scratch Pro is only for use with DVS systems (Vinyl, CDJ's). You only need Pro to run the Typhoon. Try upgrading to the latest version.
    http://mixcloud.com/audioaerosol
    Black MacBook 2.4ghz 750gb HD, 8gb RAM
    XDJ Aero & Rekordbox

The Traktor problem is due to the age of your version. If you update using Service Center and then run the Setup Wizard, the basic Spin mapping will be installed. If not you can get it from the Vestax site and install it with the BIG import button.

As for the audio, you sound like you need an aggregate sound card setup. You should really consider speakers or connecting the Spin to you stereo so you don't need to go this route.

If you still need help, it will help us if you give us your computer and setup details as different stuff gets different cures.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Student

Hi guys

Thanks a lot for the help!

I upgraded from Traktor Le to Pro version 1.2.2 but now when I run the setup wizzard, it wont let me choose Vestax-Typhoon. Its got 4 other options but not the typhoon. Do I need to update to a later version? I see in my service centre it will let me update to Taktor 1.2.6 but not sure if this is an update for Le or Pro. Otherwize could you send me a link of the Typhoon mapping on the Vestax site, cant seem to find it. I have tried about 4 different mappings for Typhoon but none of them seem to work. Would really appreciate the help!!!

With regards to my speakers, I thought that might have been the case, however I cant plug the speakers directly into the Typhoon inputs as the speaker cables join together and then go into my sub woofer which only has 1 input..

Quote Originally Posted by Smillow View Post
    I upgraded from Traktor Le to Pro version 1.2.2 but now when I run the setup wizzard, it wont let me choose Vestax-Typhoon. Its got 4 other options but not the typhoon.
    typhoon came out after this version, iirc, so there won't a default map in traktor

Do I need to update to a later version? I see in my service centre it will let me update to Taktor 1.2.6 but not sure if this is an update for Le or Pro.
    the update is for both, would either make le into pro 1.2.6, or upgrade current version to 1.2.6. either way, it's free and your version is old so might as well do it.

Otherwize could you send me a link of the Typhoon mapping on the Vestax site
    that's just laziness d00d, but here you go anyway;
    http://help.vestax.co.jp/en/detail.p...id_page_url=56

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Student

I had the same problem and got it to work again by reloading the .tsi file from the Vestax website, and also reinstalling the original Typhoon Device driver, also found on the Vestax site.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Great, Frank-o-bot posted in the right thread at his 5th attempt.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    The Traktor problem is due to the age of your version. If you update using Service Center and then run the Setup Wizard, the basic Spin mapping will be installed. If not you can get it from the Vestax site and install it with the BIG import button.

As for the audio, you sound like you need an aggregate sound card setup. You should really consider speakers or connecting the Spin to you stereo so you don't need to go this route.

If you still need help, it will help us if you give us your computer and setup details as different stuff gets different cures.

Phil.
    I'm operating Vestax Typhoon with Traktor LE on a Macbook 5,2
    Having a similar audio problem as Smiller.
    Deck A plays in headphones, Deck B plays on speakers (altec lansing computer speakers), but can't play either Deck on both.
    Also, on typhoon controller,
    Crossfader, Volumefaders (Decks A &B), and Headphones button not working.
    Any help would be much appreciated!

Tech Convert

I got the same problem here, I am testing the typhoon with both traktor and VDJ and the knobs, volume faders and crossfader are not working. As well as this outline problem, one on the out one on the phone and the phones dont have anysound. I am now trying on another computer to see if my computer setup is the problem...

You guys with audio problems, post screenshots of your output routing preferences window once you've selected the typhoon soundcard as the audio device. Then we can have a look to see what's wrong, probably something simple.

With regards to controls not working, make sure you've updated to the latest version of Traktor. If you've only got LE, you can't edit the mapping (without a bit of fiddling about in the program files, for which there's probably a guide somewhere on this forum) so you need to be sure it's up to date.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES