Suggestions for usb sound card compatible with NI Tracktor

Default Suggestions for usb sound card compatible with NI Tracktor

Hello, this is my very first post,
    I am Djing with NI Tracktor (setuped in a Macbook), the NI X1 mk2 controller and the audio 2 also NI sound Card.
    I want to purchase a second Sound Card more solid than the audio 2 but i have an argument buying the NI audio 6 because of the quallity of sound that produce.
    So i would like to buy a sound card that it will be Compatible with NI Tracktor, has at least 2 stereo outputs with high quality sound and costs about 200-300 euro.
    Any suggestions ? Has anyone ever tried apogee, focusrite or something else with Traktor except NI Audio 6?
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Nickage7; 02-13-2018 at 03:15 AM.

What's wrong with the A2?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Any audio interface is compatible with Traktor Pro 2. What's wrong with the Audio 6 sound quality?
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

You can spend a lot of money on stuff that almost certainly won't make an audible difference.

If you just want a recommendation, in that price range, I've had great luck with the Focusrite Scarlett stuff. But, I don't use them with Traktor. I don't see any reason they won't work. But, I've been using an A10mk2 for years, and after you figure out Traktor's inane software setup, it sounds great.

I don't think 200-300 Euro can buy you something that's actually high-end. Fortunately, the differences there are pretty freaking small. There are professional mixing and mastering engineers who swear up and down that cheap interfaces sold today are fine. Most of the ones who swear by absolute top end stuff are selling something or are simply buying insurance against the fear that their signal path isn't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickage7 View Post
    i have an argument buying the NI audio 6 because of the quallity of sound that produce.

JSYK. Had my audio 6 over 6 years with zero issues and it sounds fucking amazing.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    What's wrong with the A2?
    The A2 works just fine, I want to buy a second one for backup and I am thinking of something not that sensitive that a2

Backup???

Mate - if you’ve got money burning a hole in your pocket, buy something fun!

Your A2 *might* die at some point, but it also might not. A spare interface might sit gathering dust for 5 years, and never get used. Might even go obsolete in that time.

Buy some tunes, or hardware!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Maybe a controller with an in built soundcard might be a nice addition, such as the Z1

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Maybe a controller with an in built soundcard might be a nice addition, such as the Z1

Z1 controller has the A2 sound card inside

My first question here is what audio file formats do you use?

I use an audio 2 at the moment with the aiff/wav files I get from beatport I have no problems with the quality of the output. You may have a point if you're only using 24-bit 96khz wav files but with anything less than that a different audio interface will make no noticeable difference at all.
    MBP 13 2012 | 2x NI Kontrol X1 Mk2 | NI Kontrol F1 | NI Audio 2 | Behringer CMD MM-1 | Sennheiser HD25 Mk2