Echo indigo DJ PCMCIA card

Default Echo indigo DJ PCMCIA card

I really like this one because of the PCMCIA-factor; it's sleek, and one less clunky object to lug around. I'm just wondering if it will be suitable for my purposes. i know from Ean's reviews this sound card is good for @ home and small clubs. Given the nature of my situation, when i do start playing out with my VCI-100, it will most likely be at raves. So, the rooms will be medium to large. Would i run into sound distortion, or any other glitches, quality probs, etc?

Tech Mentor

i woudl invest in something a little more up market to be safe

the echo firewire 2 should be sufficient for your needs and its great quality, theres too many choices these days my suggestion do as much research as possible...

i myself have numark dj|io it does the job but im still learning to dj so no major invesment required... once and if I get decent then I will get something a little more dedicated

I have the Echo Indigo DJ and am verrrry happy with it. I detect no distortion at high levels, and think being directly on the PCI bus as opposed to connecting through USB or Firewire must be a plus for latency.

the echo card is absolutely awesome on latency. i'm running an under-spec machine for traktor 3.3 and have latency set at 5.5ms with wonderful, rich, stutter-free sound.

i don't think that this audio interface is suited for the medium to large size rooms you're talking about. i do notice at times that the output power lacks headroom for even some light duty purposes.

it also sports 1/8'' outputs which are easy to accidentally yank out in the middle of a set. they're inconvenient to run into another venue's sound system as well.

furthermore, the number of outputs are limited to only a cue output and a master output.

for larger venues i would certainly look for something a little more top shelf with better output options.

thanks for the input guys! think im gonna go with the novation nio..
    any new thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by aiden View Post
    thanks for the input guys! think im gonna go with the novation nio..
    any new thoughts?
    Sorry, never heard of the device, BUT...

I would, on principle, not be happy having the thing that plugs into the clubs equipment be inside my computer - having an internal soundcard connected to powerful amp equipment of an unknown quantity would make me nervous.

Better to blow up an external soundcard than fry your machine.

Just my 0.02 Euro.