Shure Ceasing Phono Production
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Shure Ceasing Phono Production

Couldn't believe this.

What's more I couldn't believe that they would additionally stop manufacture of the stylus immediately. Often stylus will be phased out over a longer period. Since I bought Whitelabels just over a year ago, and loved the sound, I wasn't ready for them to become a pair of pretty bricks.

I started searching for replacement styli and couldn't find any stock at the usual outlets. I emailed Shure and they said that their remaining stock in the U.S. was soon going to be distributed Worldwide, and once that was complete that would be it!

I've managed to source some and have bought 8. I don't use my decks that often, but don't want to move to Ortofon. I've used a few cartridges in my time, but none come close to the Whitelabel's sound.

I realise there are a lot of Shure fans out there. Seems pretty quiet on the issue here. Much panic buying going on?
    Xone92/X1 MKII X 2/F1/Macbook Pro 13/Technics SL1210 MK2's
    https://soundcloud.com/timbo21-1/tracks

Radio Show Every Friday & Saturday Night 22.00-00.00 BST
    http://www.jazzlondonradio.com/timbo...-london-radio/

Wankers.

I've resigned myself to use needles for the M44-7 that are made by "other" companies...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

It's rather disappointing.

I just recently bought an MC 97xe for listening. And it looks like when that stylus dies, it'll be going in the trash. Boo.

I'll just switch to Ortofon. I don't really care that much and not at all for DJing. But it's still annoying.

I'm also thinking it might be time to dump my 1200s. I have no desire to DJ with them, and I could probably make some money replacing them with a budget hifi deck, since all I do with them is occasionally listen to vinyl anyway.

Jico will continue to make stylii.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Wankers.

I've resigned myself to use needles for the M44-7 that are made by "other" companies...
    Haven’t come across any non OEM ones for the white label. I’m sure they’re out there, prob become more prevalent now.
    Xone92/X1 MKII X 2/F1/Macbook Pro 13/Technics SL1210 MK2's
    https://soundcloud.com/timbo21-1/tracks

Radio Show Every Friday & Saturday Night 22.00-00.00 BST
    http://www.jazzlondonradio.com/timbo...-london-radio/

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo21 View Post
    Haven’t come across any non OEM ones for the white label. I’m sure they’re out there, prob become more prevalent now.
    Might wanna grab em while they are still $60
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Here is the DJTT blog post about it: http://djtechtools.com/2018/05/02/sh...line-what-now/
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Mentor

Solution: live sound and studio peeps entirely boycott Shure until they realize this move doesn't slightly improve their bottom line. F---ing accountants and marketing dept getting too much power in a company.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    It's rather disappointing.

I just recently bought an MC 97xe for listening. And it looks like when that stylus dies, it'll be going in the trash. Boo.

I'll just switch to Ortofon. I don't really care that much and not at all for DJing. But it's still annoying.

I'm also thinking it might be time to dump my 1200s. I have no desire to DJ with them, and I could probably make some money replacing them with a budget hifi deck, since all I do with them is occasionally listen to vinyl anyway.
    Didnt you spend a nice chunk of change on a rotary mixer?

Quote Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
    Solution: live sound and studio peeps entirely boycott Shure until they realize this move doesn't slightly improve their bottom line. F---ing accountants and marketing dept getting too much power in a company.
    I wonder if someone will take up production after Shure.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Wizard

Ortofon is now essentially the only big brand for DJs which is scary.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast