Basic netbook sound options?

Default Basic netbook sound options?

I am new to using a digital tool to create music. I have been using fruity loops for years flawlessly on my netbook. I just got a midi fighter 3d and plan on buying traktor, so i downloaded the demo. When trying to use the MF in trakor my music is stuttering and skipping. In FLstudio i have no problems mashing out drumrolls. I want to be able to use my MF to its full potential and i believe is the sound card.

I know full well Macbook has the dj market cornered, problem is I dont have the cash. And if worse comes to worse ill jave to save etc...

My question is on the subject of external soundcards. The most affordable option is the traktor audio 2, i plan on buying the program anyway. Am I misunderstanding the purpose of the audio 2? Will it allow me to use my program amd MF properly? If not what are my options (affordably)?

Try turning it off and on again. Nah dude, if it's your audio stuttering I'm pretty sure it's your sound card.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Crisis View Post
    Try turning it off and on again. Nah dude, if it's your audio stuttering I'm pretty sure it's your sound card.
    What do you base this assumption on? If it stutters in one program, but does not in another, then surely the soundcard must be the problem? Not much logic behind that, I'm afraid.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'd recommend only giving advice when you have a sound basis for it. I know this is probably an age thing (just like your "I'll teach newbies the ropes"-thread when you're lacking even the most basic audio routing knowledge), but this doesn't make it any better.

My 2 cents....
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

What are the specs of the notebook??
    Do they meet the minimum requirements for Traktor??
    Are you using the built in soundcard of the netbook?? (I guess yes to this one as you said about purchasing a separate one??)

If it doesn't meet the minimum specs, then it's probably not going to run without issues. Even if it does, doesn't guarantee that it will work properly. If it does, try downloading a program called ASIO4ALL, which will allow you to adjust the latency of your soundcard. Stick it up pretty high and see if you still get problems. If no problems, slowly lower it until you start getting dropouts/stuttering/crackles, then increase it slightly.

Buying a separate soundcard won't help in the slightest if the netbook is just not up to running Traktor.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Its a netbook ... last version of traktor that i even managed to run effectively was 2.0 with some options (quality/keylock) turned wayyyyy down.

Whats the specs of the Netbook ? - If its an intel Atom then no, you will not get full potential out of your midi fighter, you might be able to do basic cue juggling with the sound quality turned to lowest and a high latency with Traktor 2.0

Tech Guru

I suspect the latency settings in Traktor. Try increasing the latency and buffer size and play some more music. Repeat as needed until the sound is stable. From there you can evaluate if the netbook is sufficient to meet your needs or not.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Venividivici View Post
    I am new to using a digital tool to create music. I have been using fruity loops for years flawlessly on my netbook. I just got a midi fighter 3d and plan on buying traktor, so i downloaded the demo. When trying to use the MF in trakor my music is stuttering and skipping. In FLstudio i have no problems mashing out drumrolls. I want to be able to use my MF to its full potential and i believe is the sound card.

I know full well Macbook has the dj market cornered, problem is I dont have the cash. And if worse comes to worse ill jave to save etc...

My question is on the subject of external soundcards. The most affordable option is the traktor audio 2, i plan on buying the program anyway. Am I misunderstanding the purpose of the audio 2? Will it allow me to use my program amd MF properly? If not what are my options (affordably)?
    Macbook doesn't have the DJ market cornered... You can get a Windows laptop that will perform just as well for a fraction of the cost.

I don't think getting the Audio 2 will solve your problems. I think it is a hardware issue. That said, you can increase the latency as other users have posted already.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior